Chapter 19

Alarm clock!

The most annoying yet most useful thing in the morning.

What happens when you forget to set it or listen to it?

Answer is obvious. You are late.

Well, something like this happened with not just Anisha but Abhimanyu as well.

The early risers were woken up by the rays of sunlight falling on their entangled cocoon.
Courtesy, the curtains they failed to close!

Those curtains actually saved their schedule!

Anisha, disturbed by the sunlight turned closer into her pillow. It was so comfortable, soft yet hard. She nuzzled into it. Suddenly she felt a hand moving in her hair and that's what scared her to wake up.

As soon as she got up she came face to face with the owner of the hand, who was a giving her a sleepy smile. Cue the hearts.

She smiled shyly and then became aware of their position. Almost half her body was lying onto him. He was the pillow she nuzzled in. As the realisation seeped in, the more shy she became.

" Don't go shy on me after all this." Abhimanyu's voice pulled her out.

" I'm not shy." She denied.

" Liar." He narrowed his eyes causing her to narrow her eyes as well.

They kept on staring at each other.

Anisha was suddenly lost. ' He is so handsome. Anisha, how did you get so lucky!' , she thought.

Abhimanyu saw that his wife was lost in her thoughts and took advantage. He slowly leaned up at her height and kissed her cheek.

She gasped and before she could say anything, he looked at her with a boyish smile.

Sleepy hair, mischievous eyes and a boyish smile. It has officially become her favourite face of his, etched in her heart, forever.

And that mischievous boy, yes boy, he pointed at his cheek, demanding a kiss! Anisha blushed hard but complied. But he simply could not have enough! He pointed at his other cheek! She complied.

Now he had the audacity to put a finger on his lips! Anisha narrowed her eyes and smirked. She leaned in. Abhimanyu's heart beats fastened. She grabbed the back of his head. He leaned in. At the last moment she quickly kissed the corner of his mouth and got off the bed.

Abhimanyu was stunned.

The moment he came back to his senses. " Anisha! You cheated."

But he was late. She was already inside the bathroom getting ready. But her laughter sure was heard by him.

And just like that Abhimanyu checked the clock and what! He was late! Chuck it! They were late!

" Anisha!"

" Yes?"

" Will you please hurry? I have an early meeting."

" Remember I'm your secretary. I made the schedule, Abhi!"

" Anisha it's at 8." He whined.

" I know Abhi." She holered back.

" But do you know that it is already 7:15!" He exclaimed.

" What!"

" Yes, please hurry!" Abhimanyu shouted back.

Anisha nodded her head. Though he couldn't see it and got her routine done at double her normal speed. She was out in ten minutes, ready. But she couldn't find Abhimanyu in the room.

Her gaze fell on the clothes laid on the bed and she was certain he went to the guest room for bath.

She quickly went downstairs and saw her mother in law working. " Mummyji, aapne kyu takleef kari.." ( Why are you working?)

" Beta, time dekh. Sab nashta karne aayenge aur kuch ready hi nahi tha!" ( Look at the time. Everyone will be here for breakfast and nothing was ready!)

" Sorry, mein pata nahi kaise late ho gayi! " ( I don't know how I was late.)

" Theek hai. Breakfast mene dekh liya hai. Tu jaldi se tiffin bana de! Dal, chawal dono ready hai. Bas roti aur sabji bachi." ( It's ok. I looked after breakfast. You make tiffin, fast. Dal and rice are ready. Only vegetables and chapati is left.)

" Mom! Is breakfast ready? I have an early meeting in like thirty minutes." Abhimanyu called out from the stairs.

" Jaldi uthna chahiye na beta. Tiffin ready nahi. Nashta ban raha! Ye le juice pi tab tak poha plate me laati hu." ( You should get up early! Tiffin is not ready. Drink juice while I plate the breakfast.)

Anisha quickly dished the poha and kept it in front of him.

Abhimanyu looked at her and asked, " Where is your plate? Do you plan on staying hungry till break?"

Daljeet looked at her and asked, " Tuje bhi meeting jaana hai, iske saath?" ( You are going to the meeting, as well?)

" Ye kya puch rahi ho, mom. Ofcourse, meri secretary bhi meeting aaygi na!" ( What are you asking, mom. Ofcourse my secretary would accompany me to the meeting)

Daljeet looked at Anisha, " Anisha, agar nahi hota hai to bata do. Mein staff ko bol dungi woh khaana dekh lenge. " ( If you cannot do this. I will ask the staff to look after the food.)

Before Abhimanyu could interfere he heard Anisha speak, " Aisa nahi hai mom. Mein aaj hi late huyi hu!" ( It is not like this mom. I was just late today.)

Abhimanyu saw the tension and said, " Mom if you want I'll manage without her. She will come after completing everything."

" No. Why will work compromise? Anisha you go along with him. I'll manage. Anyways breakfast is ready and as for lunch I'll send the tiffin later. You both go. You must be getting late."

Abhimanyu nodded and took fast strides to the car.

Anisha quickly grabbed her belongings and rushed after him. But her heart was heavy. Mummyji was angry and she felt it.

As they sat at the back of the car, Abhimanyu said, " You didn't eat."

" I was not hungry."

" Anisha, why not have food? Now will you stay hungry till lunch ?"

" I will manage." She replied, irritated.

" Yea, sure. Manage!" He was irritated as well.