|4|. Proposal

Abhinav's POV

"Mom Dad are you by any chance talking about the girl who khushi is considering her friend from few days" I asked my parents hopefully that she is not the one who I am thinking but I know I am wrong because in my company only one disha kulshrestha is there.

"Yes and I know she will be the best mother for khushi. Today after my meeting I asked one of my close employee to find out everything about her and all of the things that he told me showed that she is intelligent and soft hearted person" My father said.

No Dad you don't know everything about her and her family. Many times things and situations are not those which we see.

"Leave all these points for the later as the main point is khushi likes her and will be delighted to know about this arrangement" my mother said happily.

"Can I tell you about my decision tomorrow. I need to think about it" I asked my parents and they nodded happily.

After chatting for a while with my parents I went to my room. I opened my cupboard to pull out my nightwear when a photo of Gauri and mine fell near my legs.

I took it out and smiled looking at it. It was of us when we were fighting for a ice cream and both of our face was covered with ice cream.

Why did you left me? I miss you so much. I promise I will ruin each and everyone who took you away from me.

I spoke looking at the photo and a lone tear escaped my eye. I wiped it off with the back of my hand and came to the decision.

I will say yes to marry Disha. Moreover I know that she adores khushi and will not harm her. I have known disha from past few years and I know that she is not a bad person herself but I don't think I can forgive her because of her family's deed.

Next morning after I was ready for office I went to dining area to have my breakfast.

"Goood morrrning papa" khushi said while munching her food. I chuckled and greeted khushi and my parents. We had our breakfast peacefully and I sensed my mother and father's eyes on me frequently.

"Bye Papa, Dadu and Dadi" khushi waved at us and we returned her gesture smiling. She went to her school with one of the drivers.

"Mom Dad, It's a yes" I said looking at them. "Huh! Really? You mean you are saying yes for marriage?" My mother spoke shockingly.

"Yes Mom, I think you both are right and I should think about mine and khushi's future as well" I told my parents and they were grinning ear to ear.

"Okay so today I am gonna meet her parents so that before going to Jaipur we can finalize everything" my father said. I nodded and left for office.
______________________________________
Disha's POV

"DISHA!! DISHA!!!!!" I heard someone shouting and shaking my shoulders. "Ahh!! Please 5 minutes more" I said and pulled the quilt over my head.

"Disha!! Wake up I am saying this last time now otherwise don't yell at me later that why didn't I woke you up? It's already 9 am" my mother yelled.

"WHAT??" I screamed and quickly got up from my bed and ran inside my bathroom. After I was ready completely I came out of my washroom and looked at my watch and it was showing 9 am now.

"Mom!! Why did you lied again about the time?" I descended to the kitchen while whining.

"So that you can have your breakfast peacefully and earlier you were not ready to wake up so I have to do something. So I didn't do anything wrong I just changed 8 am to 9 am" my mother said smiling. I smiled back and had a little chat with her about office and friends.

"Thank you, now what is for breakfast?" I said while settling on my chair. "Hey! Good morning papa" I greeted my father.

"Don't you think that it took you long enough to realise my presence?" my father said frowning. Showing that he is angry but I know that he is not because we children can sense when our parents are actually angry with us and when they are not.

"Sorry Papa!!" I said while blinking my eyes cutely. He chuckled seeing my reaction and then we all had our breakfast.

I reached office early and decided to meet riva. I went to her floor and barged inside her cabin but she was not there. I saw her purse on the table which means she is early. Nice!

I hid behind the door and as soon as she opened the door I jumped on her saying "Boohoo!!". She screamed in horror but when she realised it was me she calmed down.

"So how are you ri?" I asked while sitting on the couch. "Was good few minutes ago but can't say the same now after your horrifying stunt" she smirked and I smiled innocently.

"So today is your meeting na" riva asked as she sat on her chair. "Yupp and I don't know for what issue he is gonna scold me today" I told her nervously smiling.

"Hey! Don't be demotivated because of him as you know that you are the best" riva said smiling and I nodded. We chatted for a while when suddenly I remembered about meeting and ran towards my cabin.

I took my file and went inside conference room. Thank God! Devil hadn't came yet. I took a seat in middle row so that I can not be seen more by devil.

Few minutes later he came looking as handsome as always and the meeting was started. My heart was beating vigorously as my turn came to tell him about our progress in project.

I explained everything and was waiting for his taunt but surprisingly didn't got any. "Okay Miss Kulshrestha you may sit now" devil said and I nodded being confused because of his change of behaviour.

When meeting was over he stood up and went outside the room. Some of them looked at me like Oh why didn't we got some show today? Why didn't sir insulted her today? and some smiled at me like they were genuinely happy that devil didn't scolded without any reason.

Oh maybe today is my lucky day.

Whole day I worked and during lunch riva joined me and we chatted. She was also surprised that devil didn't said anything to me.

When I entered my home I can easily tell from the arrangements that we are expecting some guests.

"Mom! Is someone coming to our home?" I asked my mom as I entered the kitchen.

"Yes beta and go fast to your room. I have already choosen a dress for you so go and get ready" my mother said smiling and put a ladoo in my mouth.

I nodded while chewing and went to my room. I wore a red anarkali suit and made my hair in a braided ponytail. I descended to the living room where my parents were seated.

"So who is coming?" I asked my parents. "Beta please don't be angry at us" my father said and I slightly nodded.

"First promise me then only I will tell you" my mother said and I replied to her that "I promise that I will not be angry with you both".

"Today they came with a proposal for your marriage and they have to go jaipur tomorrow so we decided to meet today" my father told me.

"WHAT? Are you seri...." I shouted and was speaking further when my mother interrupted me saying "Disha...did you forgot about your promise?".

Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

"Beta at least meet him and we promise you that we will not pressurise you....please" my father said hopefully and I nodded unwillingly.

When my mother opened the door I made my way towards the main door to greet them but halted to my steps seeing devil in front of me with his family.

______________________________________

Hey guys😊

I hope that you all liked the chapter. 😇😇

Do vote and comment. 🤗🤗
Follow me if you like my stories.💗

Thank you😍
Stay safe and healthy ❤️❤️