|16|. Heartbroken

Disha's POV

I moved vaguely in my sleep when I felt someone tracing my face with their fingers. I narrowed my eyes while sleeping and turned to the other side to complete my precious sleep.

When I heard a cute girly giggle basically khushi's giggle behind me I immediately turned towards her with a smile on my face to see her already looking at me.

"Good morning mommy" khushi said while touching my face adoringly. I replied her while kissing her on her forehead lovingly.

You must be thinking that how khushi is sleeping with me then let me tell you that yesterday there was a thunderstorm so she got scared and came to our room.

I was sleeping on the couch but when she came and asked to sleep with us then not having any other option I slept on the bed with abhinav and khushi between us.

Abhinav was looking very happy when khushi slept with us and smiled at me. He is smiling very frequently nowadays which is very unlike of him. When khushi was about to sleep she interwined both of our hands and slept while cuddling with us.

"Let's get ready otherwise you will get late for your school" I whispered to khushi as to not disturb abhinav's sleep who was sleeping peacefully beside us and she also whispered okay in the same tone as mine.

Khushi went to her room to get ready for her school and I went inside my washroom to freshen up as I will bath later today and the reason is simple and that is I am not in the mood!!. I came out of the washroom and saw that abhinav was not in the bed.

Where is he? Though it's 7 am but it's still early for him to wake up as he always wakes up when we are having our breakfast.

I went inside the kitchen to see abhinav already in the kitchen and is trying to make pancakes. I chuckled seeing his struggle and decided to help him.

Huff!! Though I am helping him in cooking but it's not for him but for khushi as she will get late because of her idiot father. You believe me! Isn't it?

He was looking cute cooking in the kitchen wearing a apron. He looked at me and smiled at me. I returned his smile because nowadays we are in good terms.

It's been almost 3 weeks since he had started behaving politely with me. I don't know the reason yet and I didn't asked him about it because practically I don't want him to go to his devil self again.

I like this caring and polite side of him. I think I liked him slightly before only but now I am confirmed that I like him!.

Whenever he gets free from his meetings early, like before he doesn't indulge himself in unnecessary work but comes home early and spends his time with me and khushi.

"Abhinav what are you doing in the kitchen today?" I asked him while flipping pancakes which were on the pan.

Yeah I called his name because few days ago he asked me to call him abhinav only, firstly I denied but in the end I agreed as I also feel awkward calling him Mr. Kapoor every damn time.

Khushi came ready and till that time our breakfast was also prepared. She came to us and abhinav kissed her cheeks saying good morning to her.

They both looked at each other and I understood that what are they conversing. Khushi gave me a sheepish smile and I was going to deny them when abhinav pecked my cheeks making me blush.

 Khushi gave me a sheepish smile and I was going to deny them when abhinav pecked my cheeks making me blush