𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐫

"What do you mean you got hit?!" Pope asked.

"I mean I got fucking hit!" I replied frantically.

Blood was dripping down my side and onto the floor of the van.

"Okay- that's bleeding a lot..." I said, trying to stop the blood with my hands.

Kie noticed and held out her beanie. "Here, use this,"

I grabbed the hat and pressed it down on my injury. "Thank you,"

"JJ, we gotta get her to a hospital!" Pope said.

"What exactly are we gonna tell them, Pope?" I asked. "That I got shot by Mrs.Crain after breaking into her house to find the Royal Merchant gold? Even if we make up some sort of lie, they're still gonna ask questions,"

"A's right," JJ chimed in. "They'll probably call the cops if she goes in with a bullet wound,"

"Does it hurt?!" Sarah asked.

"Now that I know it's there it does," I breathed. "It's not that bad though. I think the bullet just grazed me,"

I lifted the beanie to better inspect my wound, which caused the blood to start pouring out of my side once again.

Within a few seconds, I was able to confirm that the bullet had, thankfully, only grazed me.

"Let's just go back to the Chateau, then," John B suggested. "We should be able to take care of a graze with just a First-Aid kit,"

I placed the beanie back over the injury to continue to stop the blood flow.

It was starting to get slightly more painful but nothing excruciating. I'd experienced way worse pain before.

"Do you even have a First-Aid kit?" Pope asked.

John B nodded. "I mean, I'm pretty sure,"

Well, that's not comforting.

I went to adjust my position, wincing as I moved.

Everyone immediately looked at me.

"What?!" Sarah asked frantically. "Are you okay?!"

I nodded. "I'm fine, it just kind of hurts to move,"

"How much longer till we get to the Chateau, man?!" Pope asked JJ.

"I don't know, I'm not Google Maps!" JJ replied. "Probably a few minutes?"

John B reached for the beanie. "Here, A, let me-"

"No! NO!" Everyone yelled in unison as I quickly moved away from him.

"Don't touch her, man!" Pope protested. "You're disgusting right now! We don't need that shit getting infected,"

"Shit, I'm so sorry!" He replied. "I wasn't even thinking,"

"You're fine," I assured.

The van suddenly came to a stop, JJ turning around to face us.

"Let's go," He said, jumping out and sliding the back door open.

I was the first to get out, followed by everyone else.

My body continued to tremble, making me certain that it was because I needed coke. Not because I was scared.

"Do you need help walking?" Pope asked.

I shook my head. "No, I'll be fine, thanks though,"

"Alright, just let me know if you need anything," He said with a smile.