𝐖𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐀 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

When Jimmy began talking to someone over the plane's radio, JJ turned to us, taking the opportunity to speak about the situation while he had the chance. This might've been the only time Jimmy was distracted enough for us to talk, and JJ knew that.

"Wahoo don't run in September. Ever. Alright?" He told us. "So, whoever this man is, he's not a fisherman,"

I nodded. "He's right. I was waiting for the opportunity to say the same thing,"

"Maybe the run just starts earlier out here," Pope said.

"In the Caribbean? You sure about that?" JJ questioned.

"No, I know what this is," Sarah said blankly. "He's working for our dad, and he's probably been looking for us the entire time,"

"Alright, well, we gotta find out," JJ stated. "Start looking for some sort of clues,"

We scanned the small area, our eyes falling on a satchel that was hanging off the side of Jimmy's seat. "That our move?" I asked, to which JJ nodded.

John B began a conversation with Jimmy so he'd be distracted while JJ and I sifted through the bag, looking for anything that could connect him with Ward.

There were a few pictures, none of which were of any use to us, and a couple of books. JJ grabbed one titled The Loss Of El Dorado and opened it. My eyes widened as a photo of the Coastal Venture fell out from behind the front cover.

My sister grabbed it, looking at it with the same blank expression she had earlier. "This is the boat we were on. With Eberhimi and the cross,"

"So, he was looking for us?" Cleo asked.

"Of course, he was," I huffed. "We can never catch a fucking break,"

The plane began to shake, causing me to cling onto the straps I had grabbed during takeoff.

"Hey, y'all better hold something. We got some unexpected turbulence up here," Jimmy told us.

Kiara nodded toward the window. "Guys, whatever it is, it's happening fast,"

"That looks like Barbados," Cleo said. "I've been there with Terrence,"

JJ sighed. "Okay, there's seven of us, one of him. You know my vote. We storm the cockpit,"

"No, who's gonna fly the plane, dumbass?!" John B questioned.

"I've seen Pope fly simulators,"

"I crop-dusted for my uncle last summer. This is not the same thing!" Pope argued.

"Not even close to the same thing," I added.

"We don't have time to pretend that's a real option," Kiara told JJ.

He turned to her. "Do you have an idea?"

"Something safe," She replied simply.

"Why don't we just wait until the plane lands somewhere safe, and then we sneak out, and if somebody tries to mess with us, we mad-dog them," Pope suggested.

JJ reluctantly agreed. "I like the mad-dogging part,"

"Just put that back!" Kiara urged, gesturing to the book. "Be cool,"

JJ must have tugged on the bag a bit too hard, because Jimmy spun around, catching him in the act. "Hey, man! What the hell are you doing!" He shoved JJ, no longer facing the controls, causing the plane to rock.

"That's mine!" Jimmy yelled, wrestling JJ for his stuff back.

"Fly the plane!" Sarah screamed as the rocking got increasingly more intense.