Chapter 15

Natalie

I grunt as Jude pins me to the ground, hovering over me with his sweaty brow, large smile, and bare chest despite my pleas for both of them to remain fully dressed.

"Hey, pretty girl." He murmurs, leaning forward to tuck his face into my neck. I scoff and push him off, standing up and taking a defensive stance.

"Again." I bark and Jude just chuckles, shaking his head.

"Relax, sunshine. You're not going to learn years of training in a few weeks. You've done enough for today. Lets hit the showers." He says, wagging his eyebrows at me, but I just roll my eyes.

Things got better after Corinne left. No one believed her, just as Jude figured, and I was able to focus on training both my body and my gift. I didn't want to hurt people, so I only tried to bring them joy. But I started using it on more than one person at a time, projecting it as far as I could The first few days were exhausting, but after a couple of weeks I had built up a fairly good tolerance. The only person I brought sadness to was my brother. He agreed to it first, saying I needed to practice, but I don't think I was supposed to enjoy being so mean to my brother.

I start back towards the house, Jude walking with me and throwing his arm over my shoulders. I had let him be more affectionate lately, for both of our sakes. My wolf was dying to be close to him, even if we were both still hurt by what he had done.

"What do you want for dinner, baby?" He asks and I shrug.

"Chicken." I say cheekily and he barks out a laugh, shaking his head.

"You never have to ask for that." He whispers in my ear and I giggle before pushing him away.

"I meant actual chicken. With that white sauce you put on it... Mmmmm..." I moan out making him smile wide.

"Sure thing. After I shower I'll cook." He says, bounding up the stairs as I grab a bottle of water.

Eli walks in the door a few minutes later looking delicious in a sweater and jeans. I hardly ever get to see him dressed in real clothes since most of our time is spent training and sleeping.

"Hey, sunshine. How'd training go today?" He asks, kissing my cheek.

"Good. But Jude pinned me." I say bitterly making Eli chuckle.

"Where is he?" He asks, pulling me into his chest.

"Showering. Then he's going to cook." I say brightly making Eli smile.

"Alright. What do you want to do tonight?" He asks, trailing his lips down my neck, sucking gently on the spot I know he wants to mark.

"I don't know." I say breathlessly. He gives me a smug grin as Jude wanders down the stairs.

"I've got patrol tonight, E." He says and Eli shakes his head.

"No, you had it last night." He says and Jude shrugs.

"I prefer to run at night. Fuck that early morning shit, you can have that." He says making me laugh. His eyes brighten when he hears the sound and he leans down to kiss my cheek and Eli goes upstairs to change.

"So I'll be out. In case you want to eat some chicken." He whispers in my ear and I gasp, pulling away from him and smacking his chest.

"That's not seriously why you agreed to that is it?" I ask and Jude shrugs, a wide smile on his face.

"I could smell your arousal from upstairs, baby." He murmurs and my face heats in a blush.

"Stop it." I snarl at him. "We're just going to watch a movie or something." I say and Jude's face goes sad.