Chapter 35: Grandpa Li

Seeing the egg in his hand, Lao Li rarely showed a look of astonishment on his solemn and rigid face.

  Looking at Jiang Yinan who walked to the side, looked at the eggs again, showing a slight smile, but still did not eat the eggs, but put the eggs in his pocket, and prepared for a while if Jiang Yinan was hungry, keep it for her.

And Jiang Yinan, who walked to the side, looked at Mr. Li and saw that he accepted the eggs. He was relieved. He really didn't like others to treat him well. Although it was just a pancake, he couldn't eat enough in this age. My life is so difficult, but I still choose to share the rare pancake with a child.

  Jiang Yinan felt a little bit unspeakable in his heart. The feeling that Lao Li gave to himself was something he had never experienced before, a kindness from a stranger.

  The two rested for an hour, and Mr. Li started to mow the grass again. Jiang Yinan followed closely and picked up the sickle to prepare to mow the grass.

Old Li looked at Jiang Yinan's small arms and legs: "You can mow the grass later."

   "Old Li, it's okay."

  Yes, the little guy doesn’t appreciate it. Old Li moved his mouth and said, “Since you call Old Xu as Grandpa Xu, if you don’t mind, you can also call me Grandpa Li.”

   "Hello, Grandpa Li."

  Glanced at Jiang Yinan who was indifferent, and twitched the corners of his mouth. How could this child look more indifferent than himself? Grandpa Li continued, "If you are tired, take a rest. There are pig pens like pig grass."

   Jiang Yinan still nodded faintly: "Okay."

  The two were tired after cutting for a while and then took a rest, during which time they changed a place for the cows to graze.

  Grandpa Li got up and walked over to the cow. He looked at Jiang Yinan and said, “Go down, and cut it later. The grass in your back basket is full. Go down and register with the scorer, and then bring the pig grass back to the pigsty.”

   "Okay," Jiang Yinan followed Grandpa Li down the mountain.

  The two separated at the foot of the mountain. Jiang Yinan carried the pig grass to find the scorer to register, and then turned to the pigpen to pour the grass out.

Grandpa Li washed his face and saw Jiang Yinan coming, with no extra expression on his serious face, leading the three sheep out.

  Jiang Yinan followed in the footsteps of Grandpa Li with a basket on his back.

  The old man walks lightly, which does not match his vicissitudes of life.

  In the eyes of others, an old man walked easily with three sheep in the front, and a child walked hard behind his back with a basket on his back, looking so warm.

  The two reached the hillside, Grandpa Li still tied the sheep to the branches, and followed Jiang Yinan to mow the grass.

Grandpa Li’s back basket is twice as large as Jiang Yinan’s, so when Jiang Yinan’s back basket is filled with pigweed, Grandpa Li’s back basket will only be half of it. Jiang Yinan’s strength is not as strong as an adult, and it takes more effort to mow the grass. Grandpa Li is also deliberate. Waiting for Jiang Yinan.

  Waiting for Jiang Yinan to fill the back basket, and then went down the mountain to find the scorer. In one morning, Jiang Yinan hit four baskets of hogweed, that is, two baskets for adults.

Jiang Yinan finished the morning task. It was 11:30. He glanced at Grandpa Li, who was still watching the sheep leisurely. He walked up to him and said lightly: "Grandpa Li, I will go back first, and then in the afternoon. To find you."

  Grandpa Li glanced at the sky, got up and said, “If you don’t have sheep in the afternoon, you have to shovel the dung of these guys and tidy up their nests. You don’t need to find me, just come and fight.”

  Jiang Yinan nodded, and walked down the mountain with the basket on his back. After registering, he returned the basket and sickle, and then went home to cook.