2.11 You're My World

WARNING: Disturbing content, non-con, sexual assault

"Not only did I bring back food, but I also found this!" Bennett said giddily as he took out an old record player from his bag. "I also managed to find this old record too."

My heart dropped when I saw the record. "You remember, don't you?" Bennett said. "It's our song."

How could I forget? The song You're My World by Cilla Black has forever been tarnished for me by him. He had it playing on non-stop repeat on prom night.

That day, I tried to enter the house cautiously and listen out for voices. Considering there were two cop cars outside it's safe to say that Bennett was still being questioned about the car accident.

"Ah, Miss Anderson. We were just leaving." One of the cops said as he exited the sitting room with his partner. "If possible, we would like to discuss our recent investigation with you. When would you be available next?" The cop asked with a heartfelt smile.

"Can't you just talk to me? She's still in the process of grieving." Bennett interjected as he stood in the sitting room doorway with unamused folded arms.

The cop turned to face Bennett. "We've already gotten everything we needed from you, Mr Anderson." The cop then redirected his gaze towards me once more. "I'm aware that tonight is prom night for you youngsters. So, I have no intention of spoiling your fun."

The cop took out a name card from his pocket and handed it to me. "Just give me a call when you can drop by the station. Okay?"

"Sure..." I mumbled as I stared at my shoes. As the two cops left the house silently, I went to quietly make my way upstairs.

"What's that in your hand?" Bennett questioned authoritatively.

I stopped in my tracks as I lowered my head in shame. I've been caught. "A dress," I answered blankly.

Bennett scoffed as he slowly made his way towards the bottom of the staircase. "Do you really think I'm letting you go to prom?" Bennett clicked his teeth. "Do you have a date lined up for it too?" Bennett asked angrily as he forcefully grabbed my wrist.

I winced in pain as I dropped my bag to the ground. "You're hurting me..." I cried in a hushed voice.

"And you're hurting me by not answering the question." Bennett angrily yanked my arm. "Well, who is it? Which scumbag is taking you to prom?" He demanded.

"N-No one! I'm just going with friends!" I insisted. "I need to get out of this house. S-Staying here only reminds me of them..."

Bennett merely spat at my words in response. "Don't be ridiculous. Going outside is the last thing you need right now." I tried to break away from Bennett's hold on me, but his grip never loosened. "You'll only get hurt if you go outside. At least I can protect you in here. So just stay with me!"

As I dug my heels into the ground, Bennett suddenly yanked my arm harder causing me to fall forwards. Everything went black at that moment. When I reopened my eyes, it felt like my head was spinning as I felt a red liquid drip down the side of my temple.

Uuuu...

As my groggy vision started to clear up, I looked down to see that not only was I wearing the white gown I had bought for prom, but I was also tied to a chair.

As I looked around the room, I discovered that to my horror that I was in a prom-decorated basement. "You're finally awake!" Bennett said in relief as he rushed towards me.

He was wearing his own tuxedo suit. He must've had this all planned out from the very beginning...

"I'm sorry for what happened earlier. I thought I'd try to make it up to you by throwing our own private prom."

As Bennett went behind me, he rested his chin on my shoulder. "It's a lot better than the real thing, don't you think?" Bennett then proceeded to place a silver crown on my head. "We're even prom king and queen. Isn't that romantic?"

As Bennett went to nibble on my ear, I slightly pulled away. "How about some music?" Bennett asked cheerily as he turned the speakers on. The song You're My World started to play. "You can never go wrong with one of the classics," Bennett commented.

As Bennett slowly approached me while swaying to the music, he bent down onto one knee and extended a hand towards me. "How about a dance between prom king and queen, huh?" As he untied the ropes, I felt myself go limp in his arms.

"Looks like someone is still dazed." Bennett proceeded to straighten up my posture as he held me in a waltz stance. "Don't worry, I'll lead."

I felt nauseous as we danced to the music. Everything was still spinning; I just wanted to rest and not think about anything. This couldn't be—

As my eyes made contact with two familiar figures sitting humped over in chairs, I let out a blood-curdling scream "AHHHHHH!"

"Oh. So, you've finally noticed?" Bennett turned so I could get a better view of the dead cops. "I didn't want them bothering us anymore, so I took care of it. You're welcome."

I didn't listen to a word of what Bennett was saying. My screams of pure anguish were the only thing I could focus on. As the chorus to the song kicked in my screams only got louder.

"Shh-shhh!" Bennett said gently as he tried to calm me down. "Don't cry, you won't have to worry about anyone else bothering us anymore. We're turning a new leaf together."

As I sobbingly looked up at Bennett with mascara and eyeliner running down my face. He wiped my tears away. "From here on out, it'll just be the two of us in this house." As Bennett looked around, a mischievous smile crept upon his face as he took his jacket off.

"So, let's finally consummate our love tonight, okay?" Bennett said as he started to unbutton his shirt.