Chapter 33

Carter's pov

It's really cold in here, even my immune system is bad right now.

"Carter, we have quite a mouthful to share with you," Eleanora dropped down to cup my face and kiss my cheek.

I jerked my head back knowing my mom is here alone with us...

"Oh- I told your mom about us and she's okay with it," Eleanora stroked her thumb across my cheek soothingly and I felt my eyes grew.

How is she handling this better than me?

"Mom- I'm sorry I kept this from you. I didn't mean to hurt you, I promise offending you was never my intent but I really-

"Carter, honey, Eleanora just said I was okay with it- actually I'm supportive; she she's something in you and is also bringing you to your greatest potential.. im shocked at myself for not being bothered by this honestly.. As long as you two can figure a way out for the both of you to be together openly, I'm fine with it. I don't want a precious thing such as you to be kept in the dark in such a scandalous way. Loving you is never a secret, I want the whole world to know who loves you," she waved her hand up cutting me off and I could feel tears welling up again.

"But- you're not upset? I'm not a disappointment? I know you sometimes think about being a grandma..." I looked down at the floor and Eleanora held my hand stroking the palm of my hand with her thumb.

"I said think- for Christ sake, I said I sometimes think about being a grandma. That doesn't mean I actually want to be one. Just because I think about something doesn't mean I want it," she shook her head.

"I'm sorry..." my voice cracked at my misinterpretation and she shrugged pilling me into a hug.

"And you're not a disappointment. As long as you are loved and respected, I'm actually envious," she kissed the top of my head.

"Why that?" I looked up at her.

"Well, that's why we wanted to tell you something," Eleanora softly smiled and wiped my tears.

"But we want you to understand that you are not allowed to be upset with one of us over the other. You're either to be upset with the both of us or neither one of us, but we're both taking full accountability on this one," my mom placed a hand on Eleanora's shoulder.

They both looked at each other and exchanged nods.

"Carter, I'm your dad's ex fiancé"

"Me and Eleanora have history"

"Wait- what the fuck?" I blurted out of confusion and they both whipped their heads around to look at one another.

"Oh dear..." Eleanora cursed under her breath and my mom let another sigh out.

"Wait, give me a minute," I pinched the center of my brows. This literally cleared up my nose from being clogged I'm so off guard by what I just heard.

"Take all the time," my mom stared off and bit the side of her nail.

"What kind of history did you two have?" I started.

"The kind where bestfriends would grow old and laugh about the ridiculous adventures they've been on in their youths," my mom smiled.

"Indeed. We met during my part time job while I was studying music abroad here in america. We hit it off so well, the checkout line was backed up the other side of the store," Eleanora's laugh made my mom laugh as well.

"I'm guessing dad was the reason why you guys stopped being friends," I fiddled with my hands.

"No, we stopped being friends because we were young, stupid and did not know what the hell we were thinking," my mom defended my dad.

"That may be true, but if you guys hadn't stopped, I wouldn't be here would I?" I looked at my mom and her tears were flooding down her face as she wore a defeated smile.

"What's wrong?" I started to cry again seeing my mom cry and Eleanora dropped her head to hide her face.

"Well, that's the thing sweetie.. you were already here when we stopped being friends," just hearing my mom's voice crack made me break.

I want to take the pain away... I don't want her to feel the things she feels.

"I don't understand.." I sniffled.

"Carter, my sweet sweet baby girl... you have always been my baby girl and always will be. Since the day I've laid eyes on you," she was blinking away tears.

"You make it sound like I'm adopted," I looked at her.

We stared into each other's eyes sharing looks until my eyes widened. My mom turned away from me realizing I had just now put the pieces together.

"But- I'm still yours right?" I tried to get to the bottom of it but even Eleanora was fighting back tears.

She probably knew too since she's aware of the timeline. She's not at fault for anything, this wasn't hers to tell me and she respected that boundary through and through..

That's something to be considered admirable in my book.. I can only wonder how much longer something like this could eat her up.

"Carter, you will always be mine," my mom rushed to me and gave me the tightest hug I've ever gotten from her..

"That's all that really matters don't you think?" I sniffled and she giggled planting a kiss on the top of my head.

I felt Eleanora's hand gently rub against my back and my mom reached for her to be pulled in this hug fest.

"I- I can't breathe," I groaned and everyone parted laughing.

"Carter, how are you feeling?" Eleanora got down to look me in the eyes.

"Like I can take on the world," I saw her eyes sparkled.

"You don't have to sugar coat anything. We understand if you're upset," my moms hand found my shoulder.

"Oh I bet she's not upset but I sure as hell am," a voice bellowed from across the rehearsal room...