16) Evil?

"Evy...I'm sorry that happened." Tedros stood in the sewers as if he had no idea what to do with his own limbs, he seemed so uncertain of what had just occurred it was like he didn't understand any of it.

She turned to him. "Don't apologise for them."

"But they're back in the school."

"So we'll get Professor Dovey or something. It's okay. We'll sort this out."

Tedros stared at the ground. "This is all my fault."

"You're not wrong there." Agatha grumbled.

Evelynn shook her head. "Actually Agatha, I think all three of us should take some of the blame. I guess...it doesn't matter. It's mostly Sophie's fault anyway."

"It's not her fault. She got her heart broken. And it's not exactly surprising she's angry." Agatha retorted spitefully.

"Why wasn't it okay for me to be angry then? Because my freaking eyes changed colour? At least I didn't go out of my way to hurt people. Now I'm happy and I still have to deal with crap. Come on Tedros."

Evelynn tightened her jaw as she left, Tedros following and reaching for her arm to calm her down. "It's okay."

"It's not."

"I promise. Everything will be fine." He smiled, looking into her eyes. "You have me."

Tedros pulled her to him and wrapped his arms around her, her hands were pressed against his chest, her head under his chin.

She took a breath, inhaling his scent, his warmth. "Thank you." She uttered.

"For what?"

"For calming me down. You're the only person I know that doesn't make me angry."

He laughed abruptly. "Really? Everyone makes you angry?"

"Yes. Is that not clear?"

He pulled away, tucking a strand of violet hair behind Evelynn's ear. "You're cute when you're mad."

"Pfft, shut up."

He frowned, still grinning at her. "Um, that's quite rude."

"Oh. Tedros- we- we forgot about Sophie, and Hester and Anadil."

"And me." Agatha was stood behind them with crossed arms.

"Yeah we need to go."

——————————————

The teachers eventually resolved the issue with the sneaky Nevers creeping in and planting tricks everywhere.

However, that didn't mean that Sophie had quit. Because from what Evelynn could tell, it was only the beginning.

She knew something bad was going to appear soon, because it was incredibly unlikely she would ever catch a break at the school, and there was little good to the amount of bad she endured.

She was walking down ever halls with Tedros a few days after the sewer incident when she spotted Agatha walking past them...smiling.

Agatha didn't look like Agatha.

Agatha was confident, happy, her eyes flooded with content.

Evelynn had never, ever seen her like that.

She blinked. "Agatha?"

"Hi!"

Tedros also stared in utter disbelief, he didn't say anything.

"Bye!" Agatha continued to walk down the corridor, a newfound bounce in her step.

Evelynn smirked at Tedros's expression. "Are you alright there Teddy? Fallen in love have we?"