Who's At The Door?

Edric's POV

     It was around 10 am the next morning when I heard a knock at the door, Amity, Emira and I had all went home last night after Luz convinced me that she would make sure to keep Hunter safe. I got up from the couch and walked over to the door and opened it to see none other than Kikimora and a few guards from the castle standing behind her. "Hello, we were wondering if you have seen the Golden Guard anywhere? He went missing yesterday morning. You wouldnt know anything about this would you?" I tried to remain calm.

"No, sorry I havent seen them." Just then my mom came walking down the stairs, "Edric, who is at the door?" I stepped aside and my mom came rushing over. "Hello, may I help you with something?" Kikimora looked up at her and said "We were just looking for the Golden Guard, but it looks like no one here has seen him so we will just be on our way." With that being said Kikimora and the guards started walking away as my mom shut the door and turned to me.

"Edric?" "Yes mom?" She looked at me with a stern face and said, "You wouldnt happen to know where he is, would you?" I shook my head and said "No." She looked at me again and said "Are you sure, because I know that you two were together, werent you?" I gulped and said, "Yes, but we broke up per your wishes. So, no I havent seen him." She backed away from me and smiled, "Good, lets keep it that way." She walked away and I sighed, letting go of the breath I was holding.

I rushed upstairs and pounded on Amity's door, "WHAT?!" She said as she opened the door. I walked into her room and shut the door, Emira was already in here because she was helping Amity with something, "I need you to call Luz and warn her that Kikimora is out looking for Hunter." Amity's eyes went big, she then got her crystal ball and called Luz to warn her.

Hunter's POV

      I was sitting in Luz's room practicing magic with her when her crystal ball started ringing, she answered it and I saw that it was Amity who had called. "Hey hermosa." {Beautiful in Spanish} "Luz you need to hide Hunter. Kikimora is out looking for him!" My eyes went wide, and I went in front of the crystal ball, "What do you mean Kikimora is looking for me?" Just then Edric appeared in front of the screen and said, "We mean that Kikimora just showed up at our house and was looking for you, or more specifically was looking for the Golden Guard."

I started panicking and I could feel my heart beating fast, "I can't go back there. Not again." Edric looked at me and said, "Hey, look at me. You are going to be ok, Luz is going to hide you and her and Eda will take care of it. Ok?" I took a deep breath and nodded. "Alright, now I Love You ok." "I Love You to." I smiled and was starting to calm down. "Now, go hide and don't come out until Luz tells you to." "Ok." Luz then ended the call and took me over to her closet and told me to stay in there until she came back.

I got into the closet and sat down on the floor, Luz then shut the doors and I stayed as quiet as I could. Luz must have left her bedroom door open because the next thing I heard was Kikimora's voice, "Where is he?" and then I could hear Eda saying, "He's not here." then Kikimora said that she was going to do a search of the house to which I froze because what if she found me? 

The last room to get searched was of course Luz's, the guards were looking all over the room until one of them stopped right in front of Luz's closet, I held my breath so that they wouldn't hear me breathing. The guard was about to open up the closet, but Kikimora shouted "COME ON TIME TO SEARCH ANOTHER HOUSE!" The guards left the room and a few minutes later Luz came and opened the closet door. 

I stood up and walked out and then I hugged Luz, "Thank you." She hugged back and then we pulled away, she was smiling "No problem." "Can we get back to the magic lesson now." She smiled and said "Sure." We then sat back down, and she started to teach me some simple magic that she had learned.

Authors Note: Thank you so much for 5k reads! That is crazy, I appreciate it so much. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days, but I've been sick with a bit of a stomach bug but im feeling a bit better now. As always have a great Morning/Afternoon/Night.