Prologue | My Name

•°. *࿐

YARNMORE HOSPITAL USUALLY had an average of six new patients visiting it's halls everyday. Which was rare considering most hospitals had patients reaching the hundreds.

Not Yarnmore though.

Because of this, Yarnmore staff was never really prepared. Out of all the hospitals you could attend in New York - why would you go to one located next to a brothel after all?

Which is why Yarnmore staff practically dropped all they were doing, nurses dropping files as well, when a brunette boy stumbled inside.

There was silence. Stillness.

And then utter chaos.

A nurse named Lindsay - age thirty-three - caught the brunette when he collapsed, muttering things to herself and him and then yelling things to onlookers.

A doctor was rushed in, a hospital room was set up - and for the first time, Yarnmore had a patient to treat. Treat properly - not just issue some useless pills.

It was bad. Obviously. That this young brunette man was in need and pain.

But it was good for them. Selfishly.

Doctor terms were thrown through the rooms and halls - staff were rushing for stitches, anaesthesia - anything that could help this wounded boy.

And eventually, he was bandaged up. Unconscious, but bandaged up.

Lindsay stayed by his bed and watched. Read stories to the unmoving body and checked his heart monitor almost every hour.

It was weird having an actual patient between these walls for her. It was weirder she happened to be the one watching over him.

Eventually he woke.

He didn't say much. Only nodded and muttered apologies when he couldn't understand something. He sat up in his bed most days, unable to move his legs. 

He had zero memory of what happened to him. 

But that was okay. 

It was okay until another person came in. Another miracle. That's what the workers thought. That they were finally getting patients - clients. 

The person, however, wasn't there for treatment. They were there for the young boy who couldn't remember his name or what had happened to him. 

Shadow. 

That's what Lindsay thought the person looked like. A shadow. Cloaked in all black, a hood that shadowed their face - and no voice at all. 

She tried to ask him what he wanted - reached out to pull him back when he stepped into her only patient's room. 

But she was shrugged off. Then sore. Then unconscious. 

The Shadow walked forward until the boy could only see his looming darkness. The boy had no idea what to do. No idea whether to scream, punch or stay silent. 

"What do you want from me?" The boy asked. 

The figure didn't speak. The Shadow merely brought forth a tag with the name 'Xolo Mandeira' and tied it around his wrist as if he were at an amusement park. 

"Is this me?" The boy asked. 

The Shadow continued to remain a shadow. 

"Xolo." The boy tried the name out loud on his tongue. He repeated it until he remembered. Felt it was familiar - knew it was his name. 

"Xolo." The boy repeated, then looking up at The Shadow in waiting. 

The Shadow spun and left the room - confusing Xolo for a moment until he returned with a wheel chair. 

Xolo was more confused than ever. But he was getting answers. So he allowed for this mystery figure to help him into the wheel chair - he allowed for the figure to wheel him out of the room and passed Lindsay's body.

Then past some more. Past all the bodies laying on the ground - no conscious person in sight. 

"Are you going to kill me?" Xolo asked the figure, fear spiking his blood. 

The figure didn't say a word. 

•°. *࿐

wc: 669

Excited to finally start this. Hope it intrigues you - and I hope you grow a connection to the new characters like you did the last :')

Xolo while the hospital was getting slaughtered:

- Juana.