32 | Stupid Face

•°

•°. *࿐

IT'S NO SURPRISE my mother was given the perfect opportunity to make peace and decided for more chaos. Does it upset me? I wouldn't say so. Does it annoy me? Yes. Everything could be so simple and easy if we had just accepted Elizabeth Montgomery's help. 

"Viria, darling." My mother's sweet voice turns softer when she speaks to me. "Would you mind dealing with Xolo and TK? I'd like them for later."

I nod, obeying. Two guards, also obeying, take either side of the two boys and start to pull them towards the elevator.

"Wait," TK says quickly, "This one. He comes with us."

My mother stares at the light brown haired boy - I forgot his name already - and ponders this request. Knowing her, she's going to decline. Whoever this guy is - obviously is important to dear old baby Romano, and we can't have-

"Whatever," She waves a hand, "Guards? Take the scrawny one with them as well."

Okay. Apparently not. I guess he just isn't a threat then. 

The biggest threat on their team is probably the Ivanov girl. But, based off of all the stories I've heard, her partnered up with the famous Jones girl is pure deadliness.

And what do we have? An equal amount. The Shadow. The Jones boy. He'll listen to us, and they won't lay a fatal finger on him. 

"What about the Montgomery girl?" I ask my mother.

"Hmm," She taps her chin, "She can come over here. Watch her loved ones die before she does."

I turn to Elizabeth. Her eyes, although not giving away much, are obviously stressed. All the more easier to scare. 

"Didn't you hear her?" I snap. Elizabeth flinches ever so slightly. "Sit."

And so she does. Only because of a nod from Miss Ivanov though. Walking towards my mother's desk, she stands for a moment, before following my mother's finger and sitting on the large leather chair Victor Romano once claimed as his. 

"Seriously?" A new voice - one that I haven't heard during this entire encounter snaps rather absurdly.

I turn to Xolo. Dear old Xolo. The boy with a heart of gold, hollow on the in. 

"What?" My mother turns her eyes to him. SHe's obviously offended by his tone. But, because of favouritism and all, she doesn't hurt him just yet. He did however catch a dagger with his hands! It's not like her own daughter could do that at twelve!

Xolo doesn't look in the direction of her though. His eyes, dark and defined, zone in on me. They stay on me - like they know me - and start their magic. He's trying so hard. So hard to trick me. To pull off some illusion. 

"She treats you like shit." He says. To me. 

"Oh?" I tilt my head, veins feeling cold like ice.

"And you know it." He sneers, taking a step forward. A hand of one of our dear old security guards shoots out though. They don't allow him any further.