06 | Tie Him Up

•°

•°. *࿐

WE NEED A certain purple haired girl's help if we want to figure out why Liza suddenly has a bounty on her head. She's hacked the government on accident before - surely she can figure out what the fuck is going on with some security footage and emblems. 

Problem? She's still all the way in California. And if I call her now and ask her to come, Alexei and Faith are ought to be suspicious. 

But it's my only choice. So I'll have to beg her not to snitch. 

Sitting down on the bed in the spare bedroom Liza has lent me, I pull out my phone and click on Eka's contact. 

It rings for a while. She doesn't end up picking so I call again. This time she does. 

"What?" Her voice is snappy as she groans into the receiver. 

"It's literally past midday, why do you sound so groggy?" I ask.

"I'm nocturnal." 

"Oh my- just. Listen. Please?"

"Is this about Liza?" She asks immediately after my request for her to listen. 

"Yes it's about- how did you know that?" I ask instantly. 

"Because you went to New York to see her." Eka says like it's a fact. 

No, actually, I went to kill a fucking asshole and just bumped into her. 

"That's not true." 

"And yet you're with her now. So. What do you need? Relationship advice? Need me to give you good recommendations on restaurants in New York?"

"No - Eka." I say her name sternly. I rarely use that tone with her. Often an annoyed one, but never a scolding one. 

"What happened?" She asks instantly when hearing the importance in my tone. 

"Someone is trying to kill Liza." I say all in one breath. 

"Who?"

"I think the Romano's." I say, standing up from the bed and pacing around the room as I bite my nails. 

"The Romano's? Dude we left them behind years ago what do they need now?" Eka asks. 

"I don't know!" I hiss into the phone, stress overwhelming me. 

"Calm down, okay? She's alive right? And you're with her?" Eka asks the three questions rapidly as she attempts a soothing voice. 

"Mmhm." I hum, continuing to pace. 

"So everything is fine. I'll send you an address and you can come meet up with Jake and I-"

"What do you mean Jake? Is he in California?" I ask confused.