Chapter 9

I go to get a drink of water as an excuse to hopefully enter the room whilst he's sleeping. When I was done I slowly started approaching the room.

I could just say I got lost and sleep on the living room couch, I thought. But I'd probably make it too obvious. 

When I entered the bedroom I didn't see Lorenzo. He must have been changing. So I went into my closet to look for something appropriate to sleep in. 

I was looking through the closet for something that isn't a revealing lingerie type of dresses. But it was filled with them for some reason. 

"Ugh Is he setting me up?" I whispered. 

I found the less revealing one and put it on after taking a quick shower and doing my night routine. 

Once I entered the room I saw Lorenzo on the bed SHIRTLESS. Why is he messing with me? His toned abs on full display. 

He had his eyes closed so I hoped he fell asleep as I silently went around the bed and lay down. 

I closed my eyes trying to sleep but it would be hard to sleep with a hot shirtless guy next to you. 

I then heard Lorenzo speak.

"There will be an engagement party tomorrow so sleep, you will need to wake up early tomorrow. There's a lot to do." He said but couldn't see his face since he was facing the other way.

Sometimes I feel like he's a psychic. How did he know I couldn't sleep? He doesn't speak a lot but he notices everything. I was facing his toned back abs. How much does this guy work out? I thought.  

I was lost in my thoughts so I didn't realise I forgot to reply to him. 

Lorenzo turns around and looks me straight in the eye. 

"Um, yes I will" I said feeling intimidated under this gaze. 

There was a small silence as we both seemed to be in our own thoughts. But then Lorenzo broke the silence. 

"Have you ever been in a relationship?" He asked. 

Why is he asking me this? Is this another way of asking if I'm a virgin? Do I lie or tell the truth? Maybe he's asking since I was nervous to share the same bed? 

"No, I've never wanted to get into a relationship." I replied. 

I could see the curiosity in Lorenzo's face so I continued. 

"I think you should date in an age you're likely to marry at. I'm obviously not going to marry when I'm under 20. So why bother dating when both the people in the relationship aren't mature." I said and Lorenzo seemed to agree. 

"To be honest, the main reason though is because relationships require too much effort and I am- well was lazy." I stated, Lorenzo just seemed like he was assessing my facial features. 

"What about you?" I said getting a little too comfortable he paused for a while seemingly thinking if he should reply but he does. 

"I wanted a girl who wouldn't want to sleep with me just after looking me." He said seemed annoyed but not at me. 

I get it he's way to handsome and since he could get any girl in the world he would probably want someone who likes him for his personality not face. 

"Then why did you marry me?" I asked curious. 

"Because my parents wanted me to marry. They started thinking I was gay or something, I don't know." He paused. "The reason why I chose you was because you weren't drooling over me when you first saw me." He said 

"I mean you met me in a pretty depressing place of my life. How could I start dreaming about a guy?" I said and he smirked a little.

"You really are innocent aren't you?" He asked and I wasn't sure if I should answer. He shifted so he was now on his back looking up at the ceiling. 

"You don't want to meet the girls I've seen then." He said and I don't think I want to. 

Do some girls actually dream over guys whilst people die around them? 

I tried to shake off these thoughts when I realised that I just had a whole conversation with Lorenzo. Maybe he isn't that confusing? 

________________________________________________________________________________

How am I doing so far?

Let me know of any plot twists you want.