| Chapter Thirty-Two | Kyojuro

"So, what did you have to tell me?" Kyojuro asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Before you fell asleep, you wanted to talk to me."

"Lord Kyojuro! You have been requested to appear at headquarters. Master Ubuyashiki calls to you!"

We looked up at the crow flying over us.

"I'm sorry, Rika, we can-"

"Wait. What's going on?" I asked.

"I have to go see the Master." He said.

"But, aren't you... dead?" I asked. "Aren't we...?"

"Rika? What are you talking about? Did you have a nightmare?"

I was very confused about what was happening. I looked at the ground, frowning. Kyojuro tightened his hug.

"Rika, I assure you, I am not dead. I do not plan to be anytime soon either. It was only a dream."

"Only a dream..." I murmured.

I broke down in tears and my legs wanted to give out. Kyojuro kept me from falling. I gripped Kyojuro and buried my face in his chest, soaking his juban with my tears.

"My love! Everything is alright! I'm here, and so are you. I am alive and well. Whatever you have dreamed was not real."

Not real. This moment we were in. It was when Kyojuro was called to go on his mission with the train. I never got to tell him I was pregnant, and he left, not knowing. I smiled, drying my eyes. It was all just an awful nightmare. Kyojuro would be summoned and everything was going to be alright.

Or was this the dream? Was I longing for him so much that my mind went back to the day that my world changed forever? Was this not real? Even if it wasn't, I would embrace it, and cherish every moment I got to spend with Kyo.

"Flame Hashira! You are being summoned!" The crow said again.

"Are you alright now? I must go. I've been summoned."

He ran his fingers through my hair and down my back, soothing me. No, this was real. I wasn't dreaming. Losing Kyojuro was all just a horrible nightmare. I looked up at him.

"Yes. But Kyo, please wait, I want to tell you something."

"What is it?" He asked,

I smiled and grabbed his hand. He looked down at his hand when I put it on my belly. "I'm pregnant, Kyo. We're going to be parents. You're going to be a father."

His smile grew and his face lit up. The smile reached his eyes, and he was overjoyed. "I am thrilled to hear this! Thank you for telling me!" He hugged me and kissed the top of my head. "I love you so much, Rika."

"I love you too, Kyo. If you aren't assigned a mission, I'll make us a grand dinner tonight."

"That sounds wonderful. If I have an assignment, I'll return home before I leave."

I frowned. Something about that statement bothered me. He noticed my frown and laughed.

"Have no fear, Rika. As always, I'll be home as soon as I'm finished with my mission."

"Right. You always come home right after missions. I'm being ridiculous." I said.

"Do not let that dream get to you, my love. I will be back. Stay here awhile, enjoy the beautiful day."

I looked up at his smiling face and I kissed him. "You're right. You should go now. We can't keep the master waiting."

"I will see you when I return!"