| Chapter Forty-nine | Reunited

Mura Fuji

My sister was back in my life. After all these years of thinking she was dead. I could finally forgive myself. I had done the right thing.

"I should have kept looking." I growled.

While I was happy that the path she ended up on led her to the man she ended up marrying, I wished I had my sister by my side while I grew up. I wished I was there while she grew up. I've missed so much.

I wanted to be happy again. My sister would help with that. I would be able to walk into that house with a smile, knowing that I had my sister back.

I made it to the house, and it seemed quiet. When I slid the door open, the entire house was dark. Rika must have gone to bed.

I lit a lamp in the sitting room and I sighed. A moment to relax. Not that I couldn't relax with Rika, but, now, I could just sit and think.

I wanted a drink, but I could only guess that there was none in the house because of what Rika had told me. That was for the best anyway. I didn't want to make things hard on the Flame Hashira.

My legs carried me to the chair, and my gaze landed on my arm. Blood flowed from the wound and I hissed.

"I forgot about that." I growled.

I quickly stood and took the haori, then my jacket off. I shoved the sleeve up and examined it. Great, it would need to be stitched. I looked around the room and had no clue where I'd find the supplies. I didn't want to wake up Rika either.

I decided to wander the house and I was sure I would eventually find what I needed. I didn't like the feeling that I was snooping though.

I opened drawers, searching. Eventually I came across a box, and I opened it. Inside was what I was looking for. I picked up the needle and cleaned it, then grabbed the thread and went back to the chair. It was an awkward angle, but I'd be able to manage it.

I stitched the wound close and cleaned the needle once again. I put everything back, and put the box back into the drawer.

I sat back into the chair and down at my arm. It would heal, quicker if I could manage to focus on the wound.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and tried to feel my body. I could feel my neck, and then my arm. I searched my arm, making my way down to the forearm where the wound was stitched. I found the source of the bleeding and took another deep breath.

Focusing on the way my body worked, I encouraged my body to heal, and stop the bleeding. My eyes opened and I looked down. I successfully convinced my body to stop bleeding.

I smirked down at it, then looked around the room. This was the place Rika and the Flame Hashira called home.

"My sister married a Hashira." I mumbled.

Of the Hashira I had met, none of them seemed to be the type to want to marry. Lord Tomioka never spoke, Lord Uzui seemed to be very full of himself, and I once met Lord Shinazugawa before he was a Hashira. He was a very angry person. Lord Rengoku had a problem with sake. Yet my sister found him to be the man she wanted to spend her life with.

I sighed and leaned forward. If my sister was happy with him, I'd make damn sure that I was more careful with my anger toward him. After all, I had never seen him be anything but caring toward her. There was no reason to hold onto that anger.

We got along well enough in the short time we spent together. Down the road, perhaps I would feel more comfortable calling him my brother. For now it was hard enough to call him Kyojuro. My instinct still wanted to say either Lord Rengoku, or Flame Hashira.