| Chapter Thirty-Four | Consequences

I sat at the table in the center of the room, and Kyojuro didn't move. I stayed silent, thinking about how I would respond. Yes, I blushed at Giyu, but Kyojuro would think I was crazy if I told him about my dream. It would only sound like a made up excuse.

"I have a question, but it's going to come off as rude, and very insulting." He said.

"Ask." I said.

I knew it would be something about what happened tonight during his mission.

"Am I the only one you love? Is there a chance the child isn't mine?" He asked.

I gasped, and my hand went to my mouth to cover it. I was stunned by this question. Kyojuro didn't trust me?

I narrowed my eyes. If Kyojuro decided he wouldn't trust me, then I had nothing to say to him. I stood, and he turned around. Our gazes met, and I glared.

"I saw your blush. And I know I said he has feelings for someone else, but he does still harbor feelings for you. I can see it."

I continued to glare at him. After a moment, I turned and was about to leave the room.

"Don't you leave this room when I am talking to you! You've already disobeyed my orders, that's enough for tonight!" He said.

"Don't raise your voice at me, Kyojuro. I'm warning you now." I said quietly.

"Then turn around and get back in the room!"

I did. I turned around and back into the room. My feet carried me straight to Kyojuro, and he glared at me as I approached. I raised my hand and struck his cheek.

"Don't you ever talk to me like that!" I shouted.

His eyes widened as he stared down at me. He should have known better. He should have known that I would never lie with another man. Even when I thought he died, I still couldn't give him up and allow myself to love another man.

Tears formed in my eyes, and I was furious with him. For not trusting me, and for talking to me the way he did.

"Kyojuro Rengoku, I don't appreciate the accusation. And if you're so untrusting, then why would you ask me to marry you? Don't you know I vowed to love you and only you that day?"

"I asked you to marry me because I once loved you dearly."

"You once did? What does that mean, Kyojuro?"

"Forget it. It was a slip of the tongue. I still love you."

"Kyojuro, this is your child. You should know that! I would never betray you like that!"

"Fine. What about the disobedience tonight? You didn't listen to a single order that was given to you! You disrespected Uzui, and by extension, me."

"I don't care. I did it to save you. Uzui said it himself. You would have been dead." I said.

"You married me knowing that was a risk! I was willing to take it!"

"I wasn't! Kyojuro, do you expect me to stand by and allow your death to just happen? Especially when I can do something to stop it?!"

"I expect you to follow orders given to you!"

"Screw your orders." I said.

"What were you thinking!? Why would you get in the middle of a fight between a Hashira and an upper rank demon!? The demon could have killed you! I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I allowed you to be killed!" He shouted.

"I had to!" I shouted.

"Rika, you're reckless and impulsive!"

"And you're stubborn!"