Don't make promises you can't keep.

It was a warm Wednesday afternoon and I was swimming around in Javon's pool. Me, Jayla, Javon and Jaden were all playing volleyball. Jaden and Javon on one team then Jayla and me on the other. Obviously me and Jayla were winning. Javon started and threw the pall over the net and I hit it back hitting him right on the head!

Me and Jayla burst out laughing as he grunts "ow"

"You alright there J?" I saying laughing uncontrollably with Jayla.

"Yeah of course I'm fine, just got a slight concussion." he jokes, rubbing the back of his head. 

I finally stop laughing clearly out of breath and say "Aw has poor Javon.. hurt his head ?" making sad faces and awing sarcastically. 

Me and Jayla giggle to ourselves and Jaden snorts slightly to. 

"Shush" Javon says grinning and shaking his head. 

Jessica comes out into the Garden and says "Hey guys you better get out the pool now, were gonna order takeout and it will be here soon!"

"Okayy" we all say at the same time.

I walk towards the steps lifting myself up out the pool put when I get up I see Javon's waiting at the top.

"This is for hitting me in the head" he says smirking.

I try to scramble up to the top but he's a boxer so what do I even expect?

He pushes me straight into the pool and I topple backwards.

I lift my head up out of the water trying to get the water out of my nose. 

"JAVON" I shout at him and run towards the steps as he backs away laughing.

"I'm gonna get u so bad" I say running towards him . 

But its not use he just picks me up and carries me over his shoulder so that I'm upside down. I kick my legs scrambling about and push him off me.

"GET ME DOWN RIGJT NOW" I shout trying to push me off him as he just laughs to himself. 

"Hmmm and why would I do that?" he says laughing really hard now.

I look over to see Jayla and Jaden laughing and then suddenly come running towards us!

They then both push us both in the pool going straight in. The pool is quite deep so we sink right to the bottom as I'm going up I'm facing Javon.

He looks at me and he keeps on staring right into my eyes as I stare right into his.

His eyes are so pure.

I can feel my hair floating around me and for a second there everything stops.

Until we both push back up to the surface. 

We both look over at Jayla and Jaden.

"Omg there you guys are I thought you drowned or something" Jaden chuckled.

We both laugh awkwardly.

I look over at Javon slightly but he's just looking at Jayla.

"Ok cmn get out dinner will be here soon!" Jayla says running inside.

_______________________________________________________________

I'm laid down on Javon's bed as he's laid down next to me. Were giggling about some TikTok.

"What the actual fuck" Javon laughs, holding his hand in a fist and putting it over his mouth whilst he chokes and splutters from laughing to hard.

"Boy stop I'm gonna bawl!" I cry with laughter.

I laugh uncontrollably burying my face in the pillow trying to stop. 

Suddenly my phone rings and I pull my face  up from the pillow looking at my phone. 

"Who is it?" Javon says calming down and looking at me. 

"It's my dad , can I take this outside?" I ask him.

"Yeah yeah ofc go ahead" he says.

"Thanks J" I say smiling at him as I close the door behind him. 

My dad speaks to me and I reply with 'yeah' 'mhm'. But then it hits me. The news. I start to bite my nails and try to hold back tears.

I don't wanna to cry in someone else's house. 

My heart pounds loudly as sticky tears roll down my face slowly.

The phone hangs up and I gulp back tears. I sit down slowly propping my knees up, back against the wall.

I plummet my face into my knees crying ugly tears.

I wanted to stop but I couldn't stop.

All of a sudden , I heard Javon opening the door.

As soon as he stepped outside he leant down and placed his hand on mine saying "Hey hey hey what happened what's wrong tell me pls". 

He rubbed his hand against my knee softly giving me a slight comfort.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"The doctors recon my mum only has a " 

I paused.

Javon rubbed my knee comfortingly stroking the hair out my face gently. 

"a month to live" I say gulping back tears and bursting out crying face in knees.

"Fiona listen to me now your gonna be okay, everything's gonna be fine and I'm gonna be here every step of the way with you, I'm gonna help you get through this" he says not knowing what quiet to do.

I sit up and push him off snapping at him "No, you made a promise, you told me that she was gonna be ok you promised"

Javon looks hurt but says "Pls Ophelia I didn't know this would happen"

"No you cant just break promises especially about my mum" I snap back wiping my tears away with my thumb. 

I stand up treading down the stairs. He stands up quickly trailing after me saying "Ophelia pls where are you going " with a tremble in his voice.

"Home, tell your mum and dad I said thank you for letting me stay" I stutter, running down the stairs.

Javon was tired out there were lots of stairs in his house but she seemed to be going down them just fine. 

I reached the bottom of the stairs and didn't look back. 

Javon stayed at the top of the stairs looking at me putting my shoes on and grabbing my stuff. 

He just watched me go. 

Just like that.

I shut the door behind me sniffling.

Javon's pov:

I stood there.

Just shocked really of what had happened. 

Suddenly mom came down the stairs placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Hey wanna where's Ophelia gone?" she asks curiously.

"She um, went home, but she told me to thank you and dad for letting you stay over" I say gulping back tears.

"Oh , are you two alright?" she asks.

"We will be" I sigh. And with that my mum nods and starts to tread down the stairs.

Maybe I need to stop making promises.

Guys I want a Javon walton. 

Anyone else?