Liar Liar

Javon's pov:

I could feel the sun shining onto my face peeking in-between the blinds making its way onto my bed.

I rolled over groaning remembering that I promised I was gonna go to Fee's soccer match.

But I'd already blocked her on messages and I was a bad friend so what was the point?

She deserves better than me.

Otherwise I will just bring more stress on her than she already has.

I slowly went back to sleep rubbing my eyes sleepily until I heard my door fly open and my angry sister storming in.

"Javon get your lazy ass up right now!" she shouts at me stripping the cover off me leaving me layed down on the bed groaning and curled up in a ball.

"Jaylaaa" I groan moodily.

"You promised Fee you'd be at her soccer match, and you know its important, so get the fuck up before you make her more upset than she already is" she says trying drag me out of bed.

"I'm not going Jayla " I say pushing her off me and throwing the cover back over my head.

"Why Javon? Just why?" she asks me confused and angry.

"Because-" I try to say before she cuts me off.

"You know what no, your not disappointing her again! You already blocked her for no reason when she's going through a really hard point in her life and its so so selfish. She' literally asking you to come to her soccer game like you usually do especially that's it's so important to her and she needs your support I don't know what's up with you but she's done nothing to you so stop acting like a stuck up dick and get the up" she says sitting on the end of my bed making me sit up.

"Alright fine" I say groaning and getting out of bed.

She thanks me telling me to bed ready in half an hour as she leaves, shutting the door.

I shouldn't be going , but Jayla's not gonna let me not go.

Ophelia's pov:

I hoped that Javon was coming.

He said he was. 

But he seemed to be so distant these past couple of days.

First blocking me?

Then ignoring me and leaving me on read?

I don't get it.

I'm staring out into the window as I day dream about the match.

I can hear my dad talking to me about different tactics about the game but I'm not listening.

I can't seem to get my mind off Javon.

I felt like I had always had feelings for him.

But I was always just unsure about it.

After 5 minutes, we arrive. I jumped out the car helping my sister out and helping my dad carry out all the gear.

I then walk over to the pitch where my team is whilst carrying the bag of soccer balls.

Paige runs up to me saying "Hey girll please tell me your boyfriends coming today" she says giggling.

"Paige he's not my boyfriend" I say rolling my eyes and walking over to the team.

"Sure sure" she says tutting.

I smile at the team saying hey as I see Jaden and Jayla come running over.

I hug Jayla tightly and say hi to Jaden.

"Hey where's Javon?" I ask them both.

Jaden shrugs his shoulders but Jayla says that he's gone to the restroom.

"Ok just tell him to come over as soon as because were gonna start training before the match and I need to talk to him" I say to them.

"Yeah yeah of course" Jaden says nodding.

"Okay bye thennn" I say waving to them as the tread away.

It was the perfect weather to play in.

Maybe today would be alright after all.

Javon's pov:

I'm walking over towards the restrooms and see that Jayla, Jaden my mom and dad are stood on side-lines.

They always go to Ophelia's games.

We always do.

It's like some sort of tradition really.

We've been doing this since she started playing soccer.

It's probably because our family's are so close.

I stop and lean against the wall for a second. What if i walk home? Like right now? I know that it would break Ophelia's heart. But maybe it would put her off me. I've made to many promises to her about her mom who wont be here in a month. And it's not fair on her. It's just creating more and more stress on her.

I turn around looking behind me to make sure no one can see me going.

And walk away. I knew it was only a 10 minute walk. And the weather was ok. I'm just not sure how my family's gonna react.

__________________

Ophelia's pov:

I went onto the pitch after having a team chat with my team. I went to look over at the Walton's and they all smiled at me and Jayla nodded as in to say "You got this".

But I couldn't see Javon. Like anywhere. I started to panic and look over at Jayla and mouthed "Where's Javon?".

She mouthed back "I don't know I'm sorry" .

I looked down disappointed but before I knew it I was doing a coin flip. 

The coin landed on heads and I had picked tails.

I felt like my bad luck was already starting .

I shook the other team captains hand and went back into my position.

It's near the end of the game and we were drawing. 1-1

There was only 1 minute left and I had the ball.

I ran up the side of the pitch sprinting as fast as I can.

But I could think about was Javon. His eyes, his smile, his hair, his cologne , his lies, his dry texts, his betrayal.

Suddenly rain starts to pour down , rain drops rolling down my face. And I can't help but cry in them few seconds I'm running up the pitch tears burst out of my eyes. It's like they couldn't be trapped in there no longer. It was silent crying though. All it was was tears but tears with a mix of rain. So nobody could see.

Before I knew it I had scored. I had scored our teams winning goal. But I didn't even feel happy.

I just wanted him.

I stood there like an idiot in shock as tears and rain roll down my face .

My team mates all run over to me to jump on my back, hug me, congratulate me.

But all I could think about was him. 

And how he had lied to me. How I had lost my best friend. Possibly forever.

____________________________________________________________

I want to go to Coachella so bad.