Chapter 38. Otto: Have you run away again?

During the events of the previous chapter.

Schicksal's HQ.

Third POV.

Otto Apocalypse was sitting alone in his office, talking to Rita Rossweisse through the communication channel. Rita was now in Ark City. 

[Overseer, I've arrived in Ark City

[Overseer, I've arrived in Ark City. Awaiting further instructions.]

- A fortnight ago, a leak of Honkai energy was detected in Ark City. Analysis of the video footage revealed traces of the Herrsсher of the Void... Your current mission is to join Schicksal's Far East branch team and assist them in their search for the Herrsher of the Void... Further, a search for information.

[That's good. But... It's been two weeks since the tapes were taken. Herrscher may already be gone... Should we start by streaming information about it?]

 Should we start by streaming information about it?]

- "The Grey Serpent has uploaded pictures. He's an information dealer in Ark City. He can monitor network data all over the city... And extracts valuable information to sell. He deliberately published the photos to let buyers know he knows where Herrsher is... So it's probably a trap. I think you should look elsewhere for information... Don't touch the Grey Serpent...

[Got it.] 

- Improvise as you see fit. You have been given the information you need to complete your mission. Do whatever is necessary. Protect the information from third parties and assist Teresa in finding... 

- [Yes, Lord Overseer...]

Otto cut the connection and sank into his chair... After Ellis left, he was getting tired of working with documents... Even though Ellis didn't handle them, most of the paperwork processes were automated by her... So Overseer of the Schicksal has less paperwork to deal with...

But with the advent of Herrscher Void and the 'disappearance' of Miss Noer, the amount of paperwork has increased.

"'God...' I'm not physically tired, but mentally... Hmm..."

Otto pulled out his communicator and contacted the medical department.

- Dr. House, come to my office...