one

Time skip to 2023:
_____________________________
melody_verstappen

Liked by 4,567,000melody_verstappen: passenger princess always 🤍Comments disabled ————————————————————————

Liked by 4,567,000
melody_verstappen: passenger princess always 🤍
Comments disabled
————————————————————————

"Melody!!! That was incredible! This album is going to be the best one yet." My manager exclaimed as she tapped away on her phone.

"Better than the last? You really think?"

"100%. You've smashed it." Louise smiled at me as she sat down on the couch opposite me.

"God I hope so."

At 22 years old, I am a four time Grammy winner and I have released one album, I have also held #1 #2 #3 spots on iTunes for a month.

"So, the elephant in the room," Louise murmured tapping her fingers on her legs "Are you going to the Bahrain Grand Prix this year?"

I sighed "I don't understand why you're so desperate for me to go, you know my dad will be there."

She shrugged "Max will also be there and think of the publicity, there is nothing the world wants more than the Verstappen  siblings."

"And I get it. I'd love to see Max of course I would, I'm rooting for his second word championship you know that. But I can't see my dad again. I really can't." I apologised to Louise.

"We will get you security that can be with you at all times." She bargained, tapping her phone away.

"You're not going to drop it are you?" I asked her as I began clenching my hands like I do when I get anxious.

"Nope." She smiled widely.

"Fine. But I'm only doing Bahrain." I reconciled.

"Brilliant! Let's make this happen Mel!" She exclaimed as she sat up to leave my apartment.

I live primarily in Paris, but I have a small apartment in Greece and another one in Monaco gifted to me by no other than my brother.

As soon as she left I texted my best friend Isa, she always knows what to do when it comes to my family situations. The poor girl has heard me drunk rant on about it for years.

Melody 🫶
Isa, Bahrain Grand Prix. Thoughts?

Isa 🦋
What are you actually asking me?

Melody 🫶
Louise told me I should go for some publicity before my album comes out you know, spreading the word

Isa 🦋
Well that's great! Have you told Max? He's going to be thrilled Mel

Melody🫶
My dads going to be there.

Isa 🦋
Fuck.

Melody🫶
Yeah.

Isa 🦋
Well practically everything is televised he won't try anything whilst your on Tv will he?

Melody🫶
He's been leaking shit to the press for years! Who's to say he won't say it to my face or to hundreds of reporters?

Isa 🦋
You're stressing. I'm going with you so I will be there, Max will be there and so will Carlos. All will be well x

I met my best friend Isabel Hernaez four years ago at Maxs' first ever formula one race as her boyfriend Carlos was Red-bulls other driver and we've been pretty much inseparable ever since.

Carlos has transferred teams now to Ferrari but is still very close with Max, but now that my dad is out of prison he's at every single race so I wiggle my way out everytime.

Bahrain will be my first attendance at a race in two years, out of fear of my father.

————————————————————————
Race day:
Bahrain 2023 February 17th:

My hotel room is right next door to Isa and Carlos as I am the designated third wheel in the relationship and it's going to stay that way forever.

"Good morning girly!" Isa shouted as she knocked the door profusely until I walked to door and let her into my room.

"Good morning." I grumbled allowing her in and walking over to the sofa closest to me.

"Well aren't you happy this morning."

"I'm jet lagged as fuck Isa, I should've come in with you a few days ago. I regret it now." I groaned as I held my head.

"Yeah, you should've come down for qualifying at least. You're going to be exhausted today." She giggled sitting next to me and flattening down my bedhead.

"I don't like this already."

"Come on grumps, let's get you ready and we can head down to the paddock early so you can surprise Max." She smiled down at me.

Eventually I was ready for the day, and by eventually I mean probably 20 minutes to get ready and look presentable.

After all I was going to be taken photos of constantly today. Louise had hired hundreds of paparazzi and magazine editors down to the track today.

I was absolutely not ready.