thirty three

————————————————————————
Melody_verstappen:

Liked by 32,382,890 people Melody_verstappen: he's only gone and won in spa!!! ❤️🏎️Comments

Melody_verstappen: he's only gone and won in spa!!! ❤️🏎️
Comments

maxverstappen: well done charles

Isahernaez: what a day for ferrari

melodyfan.18: his speech was so cute!!!

ferrari: 🍾🍾🍾

florakate: all cheering him on from home 👏

carlossainz: he did that with ease people. with ease.
_____________________________
It was the day after the race and all of the boys had gone out to celebrate whilst I stayed with Isa for the night, it was nice to have one of our routine sleepovers again.

"I've missed you so much melody." Isa smiled at me, it was around half seven in the morning and Carlos was asleep in the living room as me and Isa shared their bed.

"I know I've missed you too." I told her and she smiled.

"How was Charles when you told him about the whole hyperthyroidism?" She asked as we sat around the kitchen island.

"Um I don't know he seemed happy that I would be okay but when the doctor was going through all of the things the could have happened or may happen he looked, just ill." I told her and she nodded.

"I mean understandably, it's quite scary to hear all of that crap." She told me putting down a plate of bacon, scrambled egg and toast.

"Yeah definitely, but I've been feeling so much better since taking the medication. It's a lot easier to take one pill than six and ditching the injections was just heaven." I told her and she nodded once again in agreement.

"Have you told max about that stuff yet?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No, Charles and I are going out for dinner with him and Kelly tonight though so probably then." I told her.

"I was surprised you even made it out here," she said sitting down "Thought I'd be say here consoling Charles every day."

I laughed "You are not the only one."

"So, manager talking now, the music videos are you doing them? Is there any point?" She asked me and I shrugged.

"I mean the album is doing good enough without any music videos so I don't see the point in it - and I hate doing them." I told her as she began shoving food onto another plate and putting it on the coffee table by Carlos.

He must've come in half an hour ago for the first time since yesterday, when the boys partied oh they partied. So it was pretty unsurprising to see.

"Fair enough. Oh next week Jimmy Fallon wants you on the show." She casually said and my mouth opened in shock.

"What?"

"No yeah. So are you going to accept it?" She asked eating more of her scrambled eggs.

I shook my head "I can't Isa, he's like huge!"

"Yeah but so are you Mel. Number one singer in the world currently." She told me and I just held my face in my hands.

"It's a lot to wrap my head around." I told her.

"I bet." She responded as Carlos started to wake up on the sofa behind us.

As he started to get up and go to the bed me and Isa were sleeping in hours ago I decided to go back to Charles and I's hotel room across the hallway.

I unlocked the door and walked through the small kitchenette to our bedroom where
Charles laid absolutely passed out.

I didn't want disturb him so I shut the door the to the bedroom and decided to go on on Instagram for a while and engage with some fans.

Melodyfan2839: mel!!! when are we getting a world tour!!
➡️ melody_verstappen: it's looking more likely to be in 2024 but as soon as I know so will you 🤍

Ferrarifan1920: melody what is your favourite song on adoration
➡️ melody_verstappen: hm it changes every day but today I would probably choose a thousand years 🫣

User27290: how are you feeling since the car accident?
➡️ Melody_ verstappen: it's been difficult honestly but better and better every day 🫶

Charles467fan: we all wished you died in the car crash.
➡️ melody_verstappen: you're too sweet 💕

Melmoo283: is max okay after spa?
➡️ melody_verstappen: yes thankfully he's doing well and is ready to race in the Dutch Grand Prix !!

After a while on social media you fall down an absolute rabbit hole, you see all sorts of love and hate from all different people.

Lots of people were tagging me in a video of Max and Charles when they were younger which was pretty funny, Charles had pushed Max off the track and when a guy asked Charles what happened he said "Nothing just an incident on the race."

But it sounded like "inchident" as his accent was thicker when he was younger.

I mean I'm Dutch so I can't really say anything but my accent is practically non existent compared to Max, due to all the singing by 20 I no longer had an accent and I barely speak the language anymore unless necessary.

It reminds me of my mother.

As it reached 4 in the afternoon I decided it was probably wise to awake Charles as he wouldn't manage to go back to sleep tonight otherwise.

I grabbed him paracetamol and water and entered our bedroom and sat down on the bed next to him "Wakey wakey." I tried but he was not budging.

I resorted to poking him in the ribs until he woke up which surprisingly took a while "Mel, I love you but no."

"You have to wake up, it's four in the afternoon and we're going out for dinner with Kelly and Max at seven." I told him and he groaned as he opened his eyes to the surrounding light.

I passed him the water and paracetamol which he took gratefully "I'm exhausted."

"Rough night?" I asked him and he nodded slowly grabbing his head.

"When you've won everybody's buying you drinks, even strangers and I just can't say no to that." He groaned sitting up in the bed.

"I can tell." I told him, as handsome as he still looked which was very annoying he stunk heavily of alcohol.

"What did you get up to?" He asked rubbing his eyes with the backs of his hands.

"Spent the night with Isa, haven't had a sleepover in a while. It was nice." I told him and he looked at me.

"I was heartbroken that you weren't in bed when I got here." He told me as he leaned his head into my shoulder.

"Heartbroken hm?"

"Yep." He added.

I played with his messy hair "Well champion boy, I missed you too."

"You should've come with us, I would've had way more fun." He admitted as his eyes threatened to close again.

"Maybe next time."

"You certainly keep me on my toes miss verstappen." He chuckled, the sound of his laugh like heaven to my ears.