seventeen

Tuesday 2nd May 2023

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Melody happy birthday to you!"
-Charles at 7:30 this morning

Today is my birthday, and I am officially 23 years old, which ultimately makes everyone else feel mega old.

Charles is 25, Max is 25, Isa is 28 and Kelly is 34 so the fact I'm 23 really makes the people around me feel old which I do indeed find joy in.

"So birthday girl, are you expecting anything today?" Charles asked me as we cuddled in bed this morning, we were currently in Miami. We went out early for the next Grand Prix on Sunday.

"Not particularly, it was never particularly celebrated growing up. But you always have something up your sleeve." I laughed at him and he smiled at me widely.

"Hm we'll see." He said pulling me out of bed with him, we were staying in a private villa in Miami so we were less likely to be seen by anyone.

He told me to dress nicely, so I pulled on my favourite green dress and he waited for me at the bottom of the stairs.

At this point we didn't really care if people knew we were kind of together or not we just enjoyed the privacy.

We walked down the stairs and instantly I was met with a whole host of flowers. Roses my favourite flowers scattered the floor in a sort of trail.

I followed the flowers to the doors to the garden of the villa where all of my friends were sat around the table which was full with brunch type foods and cake.

"SURPRISE!!" They all shouted as I opened the doors, I practically wet myself with shock.

The table was decorated with flowers and there sat, Carlos and Isa, Kelly and Max, Flora, Bella & Rosalyn and Olivia and of course Penelope.

I was more shocked that Charles had invited some of my friends that he has never even met before from home! He must've worked really hard to organise this.

"Oh my god Charles this isn't real." The table was extravagant and some of the girls at that table I hadn't seen in months.

"I'm really glad you like it." He laughed pecking me quickly before pulling out a chair for me to sit in whilst Kelly came over to me and put a birthday crown on my head.

"Auntie Mel you look like a princess." She smiled at me, despite the fact I hadn't blown out the candles on the cake yet she was already digging in but she is allowed.

Penelope is always allowed.

She was dressed in a purple princess gown and it was adorable, she even had a little flower crown on that matched her dress.

"Happy birthday Melody," Max smiled as he grabbed a slice of cake for himself also "Pen do you want to go and give Mel her present?"

"Oh you guys didn't actually have to get me anything." I said quite shocked, me and Max usually give each other quite silly gifts like whoopee cushions.

Penelope got out of her chair and came over to me and started digging in her pocket to pull out a pair of keys "Here you go Auntie Mel." She smiled at me.

"Um, what is this for?," I asked quite confused and then I realised "Are these car keys?"

Max nodded at me and my mouth flew open in shock, they had bought me a car!

Charles was laughing at my reaction so hard "I don't even know how to drive!" I exclaimed still in a fit of laughter.

Flora smiled "Now Charles can teach you, he's in for a shock mind you're awful. Remember when you tried to drive me and liv through the mcdonalds drive thru without a license." She laughed and Charles'  mouth was wide open.

"What have I gotten myself into." He put his head in his hands jokingly and then held his hand on my thigh.

"Me and Isa have gotten you something too. It's not very extravagant though, they should've gone last." Carlos explained laughing as they pulled a Ferrari hat out of the bag, it even had the number 16 on the side, Charles' number.

"Back to where it all started hey?" Bella laughed loudly, referring to Charles' comment on my Instagram in March.

I took of my birthday brown momentarily and put on the Ferrari hat, "Well I know I'm one to talk but you suit the red." Charles claimed.

After brunch was over and it was around 5 everyone went back to their hotels/ villas. Charles had even paid for some of the girls to come out to Miami for the week just to see me.

After everyone had gone I went in for a shower, the Miami heat was really getting to me in the dress I was in today.

Was it practical? No absolutely not. But it was cute and the photos were worth it so what can you do?

As I was getting into comfier clothes for the rest of the evening I heard Charles calling me from outside.

"Mel can you go to the balcony for a second?" I heard him shout from downstairs, confused I went into our bedroom and through the glass doors onto the balcony.

I almost cried at the sight.

Out in the villa garden there was a pool and in that pool was a pattern of flowers which read the words "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Charles was stood by the pool smiling at me and I was absolutely in pieces, "Melody, I do truly love you and want you to be my girlfriend. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"I will be your girlfriend." I squealed as I ran down the stairs and out into the garden, Charles leclerc was finally my boyfriend.