Chapter 17

Avery's POV

I catch up with Mila who was slowly making her way towards the exit and rummage through her pockets for a second.

She stops and watches me with a raised eyebrow before she crosses her arms under her chest to give me better access.

Once I find the mints she gave me earlier I help myself to one and offer her one as if they were mine. When she takes one I walk away after placing them in my own pocket.

"Oh sure just help yourself. Sharing is caring." She grumbles behind me and walks straight past me before walking up to an electric Mercedes and taking the keys from one of the women that stood by the car waiting.

"Thank you for choosing our company. Really hope you enjoy your stay" the woman that handed over the keys to Mila openly checks her out before walking off with the other woman that must have been her colleague.

"Someone's thirsty." I mumble and stare at Mila for a little while. Her face stays unbothered until we're both in the car.

"Yuck I've got the instant ick" the brunette says pulling a face and turns to me before starting the car.

"Where do you wanna go first?" She asks with a little smile and reaches out to take my hand.

The woman who was hitting on her was stunning to say the least. Yet Mila seemed like she didn't really care about her advances. She wasn't even into her.

I must have zoned out thinking and overthinking about the whole situation because the brunette is waving her hand in front of me to try and pull me out of it.

I only come back to my senses when she leans in to give me a quick peck but since I stay quiet for another two seconds she leans in again to give me a longer kiss.

Once my hands land on her face she pulls away and smiles at me.

"Was that jealousy I was sensing? She was pretty but she wasn't as drop dead gorgeous as you. Her flirting was off and she seemed a bit awkward." Mila says with a shrug and picks up one of my hands to give it a quick kiss.

"I don't do jealousy. Instead I just zone out and shut down unless there's clear communication between us two" I say with shrug and lean back into my chair.

Mila nods humming quietly before giving me another smile "so... you didn't tell me where you'd want to go" she asks again and moves her hand to tuck my hair behind my ear.

"Hmm. Since we are in Helsinki I had a few things on my mind. We're staying here overnight right?" I ask subconsciously reaching out to play with her fingers that were drawing random patterns on my lap. She keeps her eyes on mine and nods slowly

"I always wanted to see the Kamppi Chapel. We could always do that either this evening or tomorrow during the day before we make a move. We could head to the market hall now cause I'm feeling a bit hungry. Then we could go to a museum or Sealife." I suggest and we sit in comfortable silence for a few minutes while she thinks and makes up a plan in her head.

"Let's start with some food then" she says turning to face forward and drives off.

Once we find a parking spot I'm about to jump out the car but Mila stops me. She rummages through her bag and gives me a beanie before putting on a black cap herself.

"We still have to blend in. Always remember that there will be someone after you at all times so don't get too comfortable" she explains and zips her coat before getting out of the car.

She walks over to my side and opens the door since I was still sitting in the car trying to make my hair look somewhat decent under the hat.

Just as I'm about to hop out the car she stops me and zips up my coat and fixes my hair for me.