Chapter 19

Avery's POV

I got woken up by Mila tracing little shapes and patterns on my back which made me smile a little. Before I even turn to face her I move my arms above my head in order to stretch out my stiff muscles before any further movement.

"Good morning Avery" the brunette says softly and moves some hair out of my face before I look over at her. The soft smile she's got right now makes me beam at her.

"Good morning Mila" I respond and reach out to brush her cheek with my thumb.

I loved how nice our names sounded coming from each other's mouths.

"So tell me, would you want to have a quickie before we leave and have coffee at the airport or do you want to get ready and have coffee here?" Mila asks propping herself up on one arm.

"Does green mean go? Are you crazy? Of course I want a quickie!" I say rolling my eyes playfully and make a move to her on top of her but she stops me and pins me down instead.

"Nope. Last night was about me. This morning is all about you!" She says with a big smile and starts kissing down my neck, shoulders and the rest of my body before disappearing under the sheets.

Wonderful way to start a morning if you ask me.

A little while later, abandoned warehouse in London

"When do you find out who exactly your target is?" I whisper and look over at Mila who hasn't blinked for a little while now which was a little conserving as well as fascinating. If we weren't a thing I'd love to study her but out of respect for her I won't.

"Basically when they make it to the location at the given time." She whispers back and slowly starts standing up to see a little better.

"Well I'm assuming it's a woman because she's running fashionably late." I mumble looking down at my watch with a sigh.

Mila looks down at her expensive watch too and hums in agreement.

Suddenly there's movement in the distance and I can just about make out a female figure wandering through the old metal door. It was heavy because she struggled to push it open and when it slammed shut it echoed for a few seconds.

"Enough of the foreplay let's seal the deal. I don't like people lurking in the dark and waiting around like some creep" speaks the voice which makes me frown because I recognise that voice from before.

"Fucking Miranda. I need to kill Miranda." Mila sighs and shakes her head with an expression I wasn't able to read. Was it regret? Relief? Happiness? Was she sad about it? She was practically impossible to read at times like this.

"Stay here. Keep an eye out if there's anyone else." She says quietly over her shoulder and heads towards the woman who was standing under the only light that was working.

"Why are you here? This promotion is mine!" I can hear the other woman hiss through her clenched jaw.

"I'm not here for a promotion. I'm too valuable for that." She responds with an eye roll while still making her way to Miranda.

"Are you... you're here to kill me." She catches on pretty quick and snorts.

"As if you'd have a chance to kill me before I kill you" the redhead says with a dry laugh and leans against one of the pillars.

"Don't give yourself too much credit. I don't even want to waste my energy on you so this will go either of the two ways. I'll let you do it yourself or I'll just shoot you." Mila says casually as if they were catching up  after not seeing each other for a while.