Chapter 5 : Embarrasing Dreams

I sighed as I looked down at my graded pop quiz. I had gotten a 62/100, a mere three points away from failing.

"You feeling okay, Lord Damian?" Ewen asked me, but I just dropped my head on the desk in front of me, mumbling out a pathetic, "No..."

What was my father going to think when he heard of this? Sure, it was a pop quiz, but I should've been prepared! I'm a Desmond, we don't screw up. We're perfect.

Emile soothingly rubbed my back, smiling at me, but he was clearly worried. "Don't worry Lord Damian! That pop quiz was super hard! I guessed half my answers!"

I sighed, I could tell he was lying from his voice. I sat back up, crossing my arms as I glared at the paper. "I appreciate you trying to make me feel better, but stop, it's making me feel..."

«...Pathetic...» I thought, but there was no way in hell I was saying that. "...Annoyed." I finished, taking my paper and crumpling it up in my hands. Who cared anyways? It was just some dumb paper.

I looked at my friends as I leaned back onto the bench, saying, "Let's study a bit during lunch, I obviously need to revise—AH!" I semi-screamed, falling back towards the ground—I could've sworn our benches had backs on them!

I braced myself for impact, squeezing my eyes shut and tensing my body, but I never hit the ground. When I carefully opened my eyes again, I was still falling, but there was only darkness around me.

I felt tears form in my eyes, where was I? How would I get out?... No, there obviously wasn't any getting out. My life was over, I knew it. I was going to be trapped here forever, falling deeper and deeper into the darkness; maybe this was a good thing, at least here my father couldn't be disappointed in me.

I closed my eyes, sighing deeply, it was quiet—it was nice, peaceful. I wish it wasn't so dull and sad though, maybe if I was falling through a pink void.

I laughed to myself, a pink void, what a ridiculous thought. That's something that would happen to—

"Anya has you sy-on boy!!"

My eyes snapped open. Was that Anya?? No, I was just imagining things. There was no way she was here. I'm all alone, in the darkness with no end.

But then, the walls suddenly changed colors—there was an end, and it was... pink?

I tried to look at what awaited for me below, but my head wouldn't move, so I just, (once again,) squeezed my eyes closed, tensing my body in preparation for the presumably very painful fall.

One,

Two,

Three,

Splat.

Or at least that's the sound I'd thought I'd hear, instead, I was greeted by a little giggle along with two warm arms under my legs and my back.

When I opened my eyes, I saw... Anya? What on earth was she doing here? And why did she have a rose in her mouth???

"What—" I began, but quickly got cut off by the pinkette holding me, "Shhh, shh my love,"—I immediately blushed as red as a tomato, what did she mean by 'my love'—"you have no need to worry any longer, for Anya is here!" She said proudly as rose petals fell around us.

I looked at her confused, quirking up one of my brows as I asked, "Anya, what is going on? why—..." My cheeks flushed as I continued, "...why did you call me your love?"

Anya just grinned, the rose still in between her teeth—and staying (somehow) as she spoke—"Because I love you, my little sy-on. And since you're in love with me, let's get married, even if my dad terrifies you."