Chapter 6 : Three Bad Spies

Anya huffed as she sat in her class, looking at the board with grimace. This class, (Algebra II,) was always the worst. And sure, Damian was determined to re-teach her Algebra (since she barely pays attention in class and didn't know the basics,) but she didn't understand it all in one two-hour study session! She still had no clue what was happening!

Anya glanced over to her friend Becky, she looked like she was taking notes, but in reality, she was doodling. «Ugh, I wish I could be watching F•r•i•e•n•d•s right now!! I have a gut feeling Monica and Chandler are going to get together, but I won't know if I'm not watching it!» The brunette internally complained. Anya just blinked at the brunette before looking for someone else with some more interesting thoughts, because no matter how much Anya loved Becky, she despised her romance shows.

Anya looked to her other side to another desk, seeing Damian. The pinkette hummed curiously as she focused in on his thoughts. After she dreamed about him last night—of them being in a loving relationship, which was just crazyshe hadn't really looked at him, and since they had classes non-stop and he ate in the imperial scholars lunch room that day, she wouldn't have been able to talk to him even if she wanted to.

Well, yeah, she could've eaten with him, but she liked Becky's company much more than that stupidly cute boys.

Anya blushed, tucking her head on her desk under her arms. «No more looking at him!!» She silently told herself. After staying there for a few seconds—totally not because she was blushing and wanted the heat on her cheeks to go away. It was because she was bored, of course—she peeked through her arms and to the clock: only four more minutes left until the school day was over. She could wait until then.

"Okay class, you're dismissed for the day." Their professor stated, making Anya nearly cry from relief. Those four minutes felt like four hours!

Becky smiled at her friend as she packed up her things, giggling as Anya continued to bask in the glory of freedom. "Hey Anya," The brunette began, "you doing anything this weekend?"

Anya looked at her friend, a soft smile on her lips. "No, Anya doesn't think so." Becky smirked, putting her backpack on as she stood up, "Good, 'cause I'm taking you to the mall tomorrow. We're going on a shopping spree!"

Anya grinned, standing up as well and putting her own bag on her back. "I'll ask papa tonight, I'm sure he'll say yes. He loves it when we hang out."

Becky sighed, putting her hands on her face as she swayed back and forth, "If only he'd love me as much as he loves us together: one day he'll be mine!"

Anya snorted, gently punching the brunette's arm. "Becky, no offense, but papa would never date you, he loves mama too much."

Becky just smirked, putting a hand on her hip proudly as she used the other to wipe a pretend tear from her eye, "Oh, Anya," She chuckled out, "don't you know if I really believe, my dreams will come true?"

Anya suddenly became terrified. Dreams come true?? What about her dream about Damian?!

"W-what do you mean dreams come true?!?" She asked, frantic. But Becky just chuckled at her reaction. "Y'know, like, if we really put our mind to it, anything can happen!" A little smirk appeared on her face before she snickered out, "Like me and your hot dad~"

"Good luck with that," Damian called out, adding himself to the conversation. Anya nearly had a heart attack as he came up behind her, crossing his arms at the Blackbell girl. "Mr. Forger is truly a terrifying man."

Anya turned around, glaring at the green-haired boy. "It's good that you see papa that way. The Forger family thrives on being terrifying." Damian just snorted, some blush on his cheeks as he looked at her big green eyes. "Sure they do."