Epilogue

Damian softly held Anya's back as the two of them practically flew across the dance floor, the both of them smiling at each other as the high sped song Grande Valse Brilliante played around them.

It had taken four months, (four, excruciating months,) but eventually, Anya had convinced her papa to let her attend her senior prom-as long as she didn't drink any punch-and now, she was there.

Her best friend Becky had become an imperial scholar that year, and now she was standing in the corner in her impossibly beautiful, (but also impossible to move in,) prom dress. Rejecting boy after boy, saying to them, "You aren't Loid Forger."

Ewen and Emile had also gained their esteemed positions as imperial scholars, but unlike Becky who was rejecting, they were busy trying to pick up girls.

Anya giggled as she and Damian finished their dance, letting him trail her away from the floor with a kiss on her hand.

"I love you, Miss Anya." Damian told, and even though he thought it quite frequently, she still loved to actually hear it from his lips.

"Anya loves you too, Mr. Damian." She grinned, and when they had finally stopped their walking, she gestured over to the snack table. "Wanna get some punch?"

Damian didn't even try to smile at that, instead flicking his girlfriend's forehead-but of course, it was so light she barely noticed. "No thanks, I don't want your father killing me."

Anya snickered at his response, wrapping her arm around the green-haired boy with a smirk. "Now, now, you should be scared of mama too!"

Damian shivered, thinking of Anya's terrifying parents.

"I am."

~~~
Published
February, 23rd, 2024.

Word Count
293.
-
Ao3 (15+) - Buttercup_Clouds
Tiktok - Buttercup_Clouds
Pinterest - Buttercup_Cloudss