Chapter 13 : Promposals'

Anya bounced her knees up and down on the school bus, all the anticipation in her showing through her anxious movements.

Today was the day she asked Damian Desmond to the prom.

It shouldn't be so scary, right? She already knew the guy liked her! But Damian was so... confusing... the things he said he didn't mean, and when he did mean it, it was something about school or his dummy bloodline.

But if she had to be honest, Anya wouldn't be able to handle it if he said all of his thoughts about her—like that time he thought she was his starlight. God, was he trying to kill her?

If he knew she could read minds, he probably would say stupid stuff like that all the time to mess with her. Or if he knew she could read minds, he would get her taken away and...

Anya shook her head. No, Damian wasn't like that. ...Besides! Even if he was, the real reason she was doing this was for the mission, she would never have to tell him anyways.

And it was fine if she liked Damian too! After all, papa fell in love with mama and the missions still going well. Why would they be any different?

Anya let out a sigh as the bus stopped in front of the school, letting all her sappy—and scary—thoughts leave her. It was time for her to ask him to the prom.

How terrifying.

"Damian!!"

Damian looked back at the bathroom door with wide eyes, his hair sticking to his forehead from the water he just splashed on his blushing face.

"Oh, come on Damian! Everything will turn out fine!"

Emile and Ewen were standing outside of the bathroom, trying to convince the green-haired boy to come out. But Damian didn't know how he could possibly achieve his friend's wishes—because he was on the brink of a panic attack.

It was Thursday.

Oh sweet lord it was Thursday.

Now sure, maybe he was pushing this promposal thing a bit close—the day he had decided it was time to ask Anya was Monday, and the prom was on Saturday—but he had to study the act of flirting! If he wouldn't go into a test without studying, he wouldn't ask out Anya without studying.

Anya was just as important as an A+, if not more! She deserved him at his best.

...Unfortunately, Damian did not feel like he was prepared for the ever-so-important test that was asking Anya Forger to the prom.

She would probably say no—scratch that, she was going to say no. He'd been a jerk to her for almost their entire lives! She would be very justified if she were to punch him again because of this!

Damian sighed, looking at his pathetic reflection. He really didn't want to be punched by Anya Forger again.

...But he knew he had to ask her.

Suddenly, Damian turned around and flung the door open, all in a very swift and smooth motion. The green-haired boy gave his friends determined looks, hoping that his intensity would hide his quivering lip.

"I'm ready to ask Forger!"

The two scrambled for a moment before straightening their backs and hitting their hand to their foreheads. Saluting the brave man before yelling out in unison.

"Yes sir!"

"Oh..."

"...fuck."

Ewen and Emile gasped at the second son's inelegant language, but Damian was too nervous he couldn't even react to their shocked breaths. He was too busy staring at the pinkette talking with her annoying best friend.