XIV

[This is the baby event of TXT. An account of what really happened to maknae line] (Yes, Beomgyu is in the maknae line)

Soobin

We just got out of the meeting room with our manager regards our new upcoming comeback. I don't feel good to be honest because, well, Hueningkai is looking like he's close to crying and Taehyun has no idea what to do rather than hold his hand.

When we entered the van, I noticed how Yeonjun hyung is clearly clueless on Kai's crisis and he's focused on hyping up Beomgyu as the two spoke about the events of the meeting.

When we reached the dorm, Kai who normally would skip to the kitchen to drink some of his grape juice just removed his shoes and without a word entered his room and shut the door which he normally does not do.

I look over at Taehyun and he too noticed how Kai looks so defeated ever since that meeting.

"Soobin-ah, what should I cook for dinner? We only have chicken here!"

I heard Yeonjun hyung from the kitchen but I don't know if I still have the appetite to eat after what happened.

"Hyung fried chicken will be good and your speciality gravy will do"

Beomgyu spoke as he followed in the kitchen.

I know I must not let this evening pass without resolving the issue so I walked to the kitchen where I saw the two laughing as they goof around the stove.

"Yeonjun we need to talk"

Hyung was obviously taken aback with me calling him without honorifics making him look at me seriously.

"Yah, what's with you?"

"Please don't act like nothing is going on . . . "

"What?"

"Hueningkai. . . . what happened back in the office is still having effects on him and you of all people know how it is affecting him right now . ."

"Wait, is this about the music video?"

"Yes . . hyung you know how Kai was ecstatic and excited about it and you dare to suggest to not film it instead?"

"I did it because I know he's scared of heights. . . I know he cannot handle heights very well . . . Soobin, you know it too . . if we pushed through with the original casts, I don't think we will be done on time. Plus, sooner have I not suggested it, he will soon be replaced. . . "

"Hyung, I understand your point and I also knew about his phobia but how you said it made it sound like Hueningkai does nothing but burden you, burden the staff and burden the team even if we all know that is not the case. . . why didn't you tell me beforehand about your whole mix up plan huh? Why did you act on your own? If I had known you have that thought, I would've said it in a way that doesn't make Kai think about being a burden"

"Hold up, are you saying that you have a better judgment? Soobin, if I told you about it beforehand, I know you wouldn't agree because well, Kai would be sad and you hate for your favorite member to be sad so I kept it a secret. Come on we all know that when it comes to stuff like these, I am more objective than you so I didn't consult you leader-nim. Don't worry, Kai will understand it. Don't make it a big of a deal, he's just taking it in"

"What? You're saying I am biased? Well let's fact check here Hyung-nim. We all know even you have a bias and oh, who did you replace HueningKai with in his role? Oh isn't it your own favorite Beomgyu? Don't come at me with objectivity and bias because everyone can see as clear as day you too have your own.  .   . that's the reason right? you used Kai's phobia to push Beomgyu on that part"