XVI

Jay

Heeseung hyung did a great job in making Jake feel comfortable around him. I also want to manage that but my attempts have been all fails. Jake and Heeseung hyung managed to click together. Unfortunately, Heeseung hyung needs to be at the company today to do some recordings and stuff. Since we can't really promote as a group, the company still needs to somehow release some contents from us and at this moment, Heeseung hyung is going to be releasing a cover.

Riki is also then summoned to do a dance cover so he needs to practice and then Sunoo is called as the company found a guesting for him in a cooking segment.

Jungwon, as the leader is needed of course in the middle of everything to oversee things and Sunghoon is as usual needed for his MCing and his filming.

"I guess it will just be you and I Jakey"

I glanced at him as he is focused on watching puppies on the TV.

Somehow, he's been quiet as he drank his milk and watch the TV allowing me to actually have a mini cleaning around the dorm.

When his milk was finished, I noticed how it is already his bed time. He placed the baby bottle aside before crawling to my direction.

Hmm, I guess he won't be giving me a hard time but why is he hesitant to climb on like how he did with Sunghoon or Heeseung hyung? I noticed that, among all members, baby Jake is like scared of me at some point. I mean, Sunoo can easily just grab him from the floor or he can just jump into Heeseung's arms etc but when it comes with me, he's always looking at me as if he's asking for permission.

He's still looking at me making me smile and raise my arms inviting him in before he does. He's not crying when he's with me, well if Sunghoon is not around but if Sunghoon is, of course he would want to go to him.

"It's ok to just come to me yeah? Don't be scared, I got you"

"TtongTtong?"

I chuckled at how he cannot pronounce my name. Sunoo and Jungwon have been telling him yesterday how to say Jongseong but in the end, it is just TongTong.

At first, I thought that the reason Jake doesn't cry that much when he's with me is because he's comfortable or he likes me better but as the time passed, I realized that he's just scared of me. I mean, maybe in his baby brain, he's thinking that if he misbehaves with me, then I won't like to be with him anymore.

That's what I think is where I need to step up. Jake is very conscious of what others think of him and maybe, I did something that made him think, I don't like to do anything about him.

Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I have a point.

But that is not completely true because he can also tease me or drive me mad at some point.

"Jakey, are you sleepy?"

"Oonie.  ."

He's sniffling and I know he's already got tears running down his cheeks. But just like I said, he is not actually crying loudly like when he's with the others.

"Oonie? Who is he?"

Immediately, he pulled away from my hold and looks at me with the most confused eyes I have ever seen.

"Oonie . . "

"I don't know . ."

I shook my head and immediately his cries echoed around the room.

"Oonie!"

Just like that, he began to actually cry like he means it. He's not holding back.

"Aww shh ..  Come here . . let us find Sunghoon-ie . . . where is Sunghoon-ie?"