𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧|Duty Calls

As soon as they're gone Mom turns her attention towards me with a raised brow

As soon as they're gone Mom turns her attention towards me with a raised brow. "You wanna tell
me why you were in Morocco?"

"Dominic." I sigh, sitting back down on the couch.

"Alright, what happened?" She asks, sitting down beside me.

I drop my head down to her shoulder and close my eyes. "Wait how did you even know I was there?"

"Wayne told us." She replies, wrapping an arm
around my shoulders.

"Right anyways," I say and start telling her everything that has happened over the past couple of days.

"Who the hell is Leonid?" She asks, genuinely confused.

"Vlad's son." I reply and realisation dawns upon her.

"Oh him." She grumbles with a subtle roll of her eyes.

"Aunty Rey!" I suddenly hear a familiar voice and I turn my head around to see my three year old nephew Nico charging at me at full speed.

"Hey Nico." I grin, getting up from my seat and scooping him off the ground.

"Missed ya'." He says sweetly, wrapping his tiny arms around my neck and squeezing me tightly.

"Missed you too dude." I reply, ruffling his brunette curls.

"More than Mattias and Lourenço?" He asks with an evil grin on his cute face.

"Equally." I say and he huffs, dropping his head to my shoulder like a drama queen.

Speaking of the other two, the back door bursts open and in they come looking like they just ran a damn mile.

"What have you two been up to?" Mom asks them, crouching down to their level.

"Playing tag." Mattias replies.

"Without Nico?" Mom questions.

"He pushed me over so Matti said he can't play." Lourenço says.

"You pushed him?" I whisper to Nico.

He nods his head and frowns. "Yeah 'cause they're losers." He grumbles. He's always been such a fucking troublemaker out of the three of them.

"That's why you can't play." Mattias retorts, narrowing his eyes at him.

"At least I don't suck at tag." Nico scowls.