Epilogue

Tuesday, May 18th, 2027

-Aisha's P.O.V-

"It is hot as hell in this motherfucker," Tessa comments making me laugh. 

It's graduation day, Tessa and I sat next to each other since our last names are the same, funny enough. Unfortunately, our last name made us one of the last people to be called for our diplomas. 

We were stuck watching everyone get their diplomas, sitting underneath the fan and getting a nice breeze, not looking like a sweating mess. 

"This is one of the moments where I'm thankful for my condition," I comment, getting a glare from a sweating Tessa. 

"Lucky bitch,"

"Love you too." 

'How much longer," She wines.

"They just started calling out names, we will be done soon." 

"Azrail Morris"

"THAT'S MY BABYYYYYYYYYYYYY,"

"THAT'S MY BABY'S BABYYYY"

"THAT'S MY MAN"

"THAT'S MY BESTFRIEND." 

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

The shoots from our family, friends, and I earned some laughter in the crowd. I watch as Azrail walks scurries through the stage. I was too far to see his face, but I know for a fact he was turning red. 

"He's gonna get you for that," Tessa comments laughing at me. 

"I wasn't the only one,"

"But he made you promise," She says and I shrug not feeling shame for my action. I was proud of my man, and I'm going to flaunt it. 

Soon enough it was time for my row to go up, I look in the crowd as my family prepared themselves to make a big commotion. 

"Aisha Wyatt." 

I walk across the stage as my family and friend make a big commotion, making me smile. I noticed my mom crying in the crowd and the principal had to stop, waiting for silence before calling Tessa's name, which also gained the same reaction. 

So much for waiting till the end for applause. 

+++

Thursday, August 13th, 2027

"I can't believe my baby is moving out," Mom cries out giving me a big hug, crying in the middle of my dorm. 

"Mom, you and Daddy literally moved twenty minutes away, you will see me," I comment rolling my eyes playfully. 

"Do you have to be in a dorm?" Dad asks looking at the dorm with the most disgusting look on his face. 

"Mandatory for first and second-year students," I half lied. I did have the option to opt-out if my guardian lived close enough, but I wanted a bit of freedom.

I mean yes my parents do give me that freedom and I usually spend most of my time alone at home, but now that they have been more active in my life, something I'm not used to. I start to feel suffocated, and I wanted the college experience. 

"You're coming over tomorrow for dinner right?" Mom asks.

"Yeah I'll be there, can I bring Azrail? He's all alone." I ask, although his family is well off, Mrs. Morris doesn't have the privilege to just up and move like my parents do. She has to stay in the hospital.