Chapter 2 Life

A building collapsed.

There was a huge fire, and inside, so many lost souls.

I let out a sigh that no one can hear. Today was a big death toll. Do you know how much work it is just to file someone's death?

I have to read their entire lives, experiences and then send them to their afterlife. And I can only do this with the amount of hands I have.

And I have two, in case you were wondering!

A sigh came out of my mouth, "Well, they're not going to move on just like that. Better get to work."

Oh! And I forgot to introduce myself! I...

Wait, oh that's right. I don't have a name. Well, at least a normal one.

My appearance is deceiving, I am a skeleton with a black dark hooded cloak. I hold a scythe, which I carry around everywhere I go. My eyes glow in the dark. Some people call me the Grim Reaper, or Death.

I actually don't even know my real name, my parents neglected me as soon as they saw my skeleton body and later abandoned me once my quirk appeared. They never told me anything about my real identity.

So for now, my name is Death. My quirk allows me to become a spirit and talk to the souls of other people, and I can send them to other worlds besides this one. And yes, I can send them to both Heaven and Hell, according to their spiritual merits.

Now, I know what you're thinking. 'I'm Death, but mortal?' Well, yes, but no.

My existence is unknown, my purpose is unclear. But every time someone is about to die, I am always near. So I made my own purpose to help guide others into the afterlife.

So, can I actually die myself? To be truthful, I have no idea! I'm only 17 years old! I've been doing this since I was 8!

I finished sending the last soul to their next life, there was no need to do any more, the rest were still alive, and currently being rescued by the heroes.

It's time for the next unfortunate soul.

____________

It seems like the leader himself again disassembled one of his workers.

Kai Chisaki, quirk, Overhaul. His power allows him to assemble a reassemble matter with a touch of his hands. It's like playing with play-dough, you use your hands to shape your dough into whatever shape you want.

Chisaki is the current leader of a criminal organisation called the Shei Hassakai. He has placed the former boss into an endless coma, keeping him on the verge of death. All just to make the organisation rise again from the shadows.