Chapter 6 Another Job

- The only way to do great work is to love what you do

I brought Mai back to her orphanage, promising to call her if I needed anything. She's my sidekick now, I can't get rid of her even if I wanted to. There was an option to adopt her but... living in an old worn-down house isn't exactly going to pass the inspection.

Before I could bring her in, I needed a proper home and a source of income. Another job would greatly assist, but I still need to find time to do my other jobs and spend my own time resting.

In summary, if I want to have Mai with me, I need a proper home, a full-time job, and a good source of income.

...

And an ID.

My hand slammed onto the wooden table, "Dammit. If I do get an ID, my age will be verified. I can't take care of a child at the age of 17!"

Heck, I realised I wasn't a fully grown adult at all.

God, please help me.

For the majority of my life, I used the 'appear-steal-disappear' technique to get what I needed. After all, how are you supposed to catch someone who seemingly pops out of the air at random?

While I admit my actions aren't exactly legal, they were the only option I had to go with. Never once I took a job to earn my own income. No resume either, I don't have a computer or phone.

Right, no official documents, no identity, no name, no family relations, nothing at all. I'm an unregistered individual in Japan, like a complete stranger in someone's home.

I could try doing volunteer work, but, as the name suggests, volunteering isn't exactly going to help me earn money. It could add to my work experience, but how exactly am I supposed to use that to my advantage without an identity of my own?

Now don't exactly call myself a hobo, I'm currently living under a roof, and no one can argue with that.

*Knock Knock*

'Oh you gotta be kidding me-' I told her to stay put!

I slammed my hands on the table, sat up from my desk, stormed over to the door and violently swung it open.

"MAI! I TOLD YOU..." I paused. The girl from before wasn't there at all, instead, it was someone else.

He was a small furry white animal, if I had a say in his height, it'd be around Eri's. A long thin white tail from the back, two small round ears on top of his clean fur, and a scar on one of his eyes. Someone could mistaken the mouse for a furry stuffed toy. The mouse also had a black suitcase in his possession.

Nezu, the Principal of UA High School, the most well-known academy for distributing some of the greatest heroes in Japan. I've met this particular person before, one time when one of the students of UA died their untimely death. I was there to help them move on, but I must've triggered some silent alarm. Nezu was the first on the scene, and he greeted me as an old friend.