Chapter 5 Double Trouble

Warning: A bit of swearing.

I couldn't leave a child alone for one second without them being in some sort of trouble. Eri, alone was already enough, and I don't mean her in a bad way. I know somewhere, in that terrified little girl, there's a glowing light of brightness.

As for Mai? Well, she has the wrong side of brightness.

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked, mouth full of burrito.

I sighed as I picked up both of my sickles, "Yes. There is a man who overstayed his time here on earth. He's trouble, so I have to eliminate him before he breaks something."

Mai spun around on the chair, "And what does that mean?"

"Something like...ending someone's life before the allowed time. If someone dies early, then it only means more work for me to resolve the issue and fix things up." I explained.

As I opened the door, she jumped off her chair, "I'll go with you!"

"No." I pointed at her, "You're staying right here until I get back."

"Aw come on! This is the perfect time to display my show of power!" Mai exclaimed.

"I'm thankful for the offer, but I'm not just gonna let you try to kill someone all of the sudden. What if the public sees you?!"

She held her hands up, "Alright, alright. I get it. You want me to stay here..." Her expression sobered.

"Good, I'll be right back soon." I stepped out of the house and closed the door behind me.

I groaned. What am I going to do with that girl?

As soon as I turned around to head off, the girl suddenly appeared in front of me, making me jump.

"OR... You can instead let me come with you. If I successfully deal with the man, I'll become your sidekick forever and ever. If not? Then I promise to leave you alone. Deal?" She held out her hand.

"... You know this isn't going to be an easy task, right?" I asked, "Majority of my encounters usually involve someone who's on the verge of death. But physically dealing with someone could get us into trouble and result in an official ticket into Tartarus!"

"You're not in trouble unless you get caught." She stated.

'Not wrong about that.' I sighed before smiling.

"Alright, that's a deal." We both shook hands, sealing the debt.

"Alright!" She cried, jumping in place with excitement, "We're gonna be murderers!"