𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐭𝐲

JJ, John B, and I found ourselves cramped in the front of the truck as we navigated the streets.

"Do you have any idea what's in the back of this truck?" John B questioned, clearly not happy about the situation. I couldn't blame him, though. I was also pretty pissed off.

"Yes, John B, I know what's in the back of the truck right now, and it's gonna be fine," JJ replied with way too much confidence. "It's gonna work out. Okay?"

"We're sick of your bullshit plans, dude," I interjected. "Like, this might top the time you told John B to fake appendicitis in jail,"

"That almost worked!" He protested.

"No, it didn't!" I shot back.

Over the conversation, JJ turned his attention to John B. "Get the map out, bro. I have no idea where I'm going,"

John B let out an exasperated sigh and glanced at the paper in his hands. "We need to get to 158, okay?"

JJ snatched the map from John B's hands, and they began to go back and forth. Frustrated, I looked ahead and noticed a police officer parked beside a pulled-over car on the side of the road.

"Guys, hey! There's a cop!" I told them.

JJ clenched his jaw, placing the map on his lap. "Dammit!"

"Play it cool, alright?" John B advised.

"I'm as cool as it gets," JJ replied confidently.

As we drove past the officer, JJ waved at him through the open window.

"No! What are you doing?!" I hissed.

John B instinctively grabbed JJ's arm, causing the truck to veer into some nearby bushes.

"Why'd you touch me?!" JJ shouted.

"Don't wave at cops! Rule number one of driving a U-Haul!" John B exclaimed.

"That was the complete opposite of playing it cool!" I yelled, glancing over my shoulder to see the police officer now eying us suspiciously. "What were y'all doing?!"

"I was just being friendly!" JJ argued.

"Your 'friendliness' drew attention to us!" John B responded.

"You didn't need to grab his arm, though!" I interjected. "We're fucked. He's getting in the car!"

"It's only been five minutes," John B muttered, shaking his head. "We've only been in the car for five minutes,"

JJ glanced at the rearview mirror. "Shit, he's coming!"

The cop's siren blared as he followed us down the road. I shook my head, my frustration growing.

"Goblin mode, alright. We gotta lose him," JJ told us.

"Goblin mode?! What does that even mean, JJ?!" John B questioned.

"That's what we gotta do!" He responded. "Hold on! I got this!"

"I seriously doubt that!" I huffed.

JJ jerked the steering wheel, swerving the truck into a wooded area. We screeched to a halt, and without wasting a moment, the three of us jumped out of the truck and began sprinting.

"I swear to God, if we get through this, I'm going to kill you!" John B told JJ.

"Well, you probably won't have to because Barracuda Mike is gonna kill us first," JJ replied.

"That's very comforting, Maybank, thanks," I huffed.

-

We sprinted until we finally reached the Twinkie, gasping for air.