8. Jet's Conclusion

Jet

I sat cross-legged beside Lee... Zuko, I mean. I had cleaned his face of the blood, placing two small fabric wraps in his nostrils to soak up the remainder of the breathing, which left Zuko's mouth to do the work, and his snores were far from quiet. I would tiredly check his airways. He seemed content. If anything, he appeared to be having the best sleep of his life.

Which was a little frustrating; but I suppose I deserved it. I shouldn't have gone for that hit... it was a bit of a dick move on my behalf.

The fire was starting to dim out, and the group was sleeping away peacefully into the night.

I wasn't overly annoyed to have to do this if I was honest. When the freedom fighters were injured or sick, I usually spent the night beside them... but then again, I never directly caused their injuries.

Im sure Longshot would be disappointed in my actions. He never had to say it. His eyes told me all I ever needed to know.

Perhaps I got a little bit too heated. Sokka caught me off guard, and then Zuko... so I guess my hand on hand combat had been getting rusty. Something I'd need to work on if I was going to stick around.

Zuko began to grumble some words out, moving around sleepily under the Sleep Sack. I leaned forward in my seated position, hovering over his chest a bit.

"No...mm.." His voice trembled, hands slipping out from the covers as he half opened his eyes, trying to push himself up.

I quickly placed my hand on his chest, pushing him back down. Night terrors.

He wasn't fully awake, so it wasn't much of a fight to keep him lying down. His hands came up instinctively, gripping onto my wrist, weakly attempting to push my hand off.

"Shh, you're okay." I hushed him, his eyes blinking a few times before they shut again. His hand remained on mine. I decided to slowly pull the material from his nose, which made him twitch and attempt to move away.

He took a whistle-like nastily breath, scrunching his nose up.

It looked a bit cute... I chewed on my bottom lip, glancing over at Sokka as he slept close by. His head buried in his sleep sack, with just the tips of his fingers poking out the top. I wondered what kind of position he must have wrapped himself in under there. I felt an odd twist in my stomach, unsure of why I was feeling so weird around the both of them lately.

Part of me was fighting back the flirtation, knowing it wasn't right to make them feel like I was still messing around...

Spirits, Lee is a firebender, after all... why am I going soft around him?

I frowned, reminding myself of the moment at the tavern. What the guy had said to him, and his eyes... he may not have said anything, but Lee's eyes reminded me of Longshots' silent words. I knew even if he didn't react himself, he was hurt by the words.

"Jeh..Jet?" His voice startles me. I stare down at Zuko - as I have to remind myself constantly.

"... Uh, hey..." My cheeks heated up, and I realised I was still pressing his chest down, with his hand still locked around my wrist.

"Did I win?" His question confused me for a moment before I realized what he was referring to.

"No... I knocked the fuck outta you." I grinned, before cringing slightly, "Which.... I'm actually super sorry about."