🦋Chapter 38🖤

ALERT:EDITED.

Song: Love me back.
Artist(s): Trinidad Cardona.

___________
______________________________________
___________

(Author's POV)

🦋
Bidding goodbye to the couple Assar stood and adored them. Maryam and Aliyu did look like a perfect couple, he was even so much better than the man Maryam was in love with whom her father disgraced. This is the definition of Allah would give you better than what you prayed for.

Aliyu is so gentle and decent, he spoke to the family with respect and was so cool to everyone. And not to forget the beautiful gifts he bought them and how her mother's were so happy to see their daughter happy.

It was never the same for her though. Arman never did such things for her, neither did he do so for her parents, she's sure they've been married for up to a year but never once did he visit her family neither did he treat her nicely.

All he was good at was flaunting his money on Halima in her presence and now he's in the condition he is today and Halima is no where to be seen. This world is indeed full of surprises, the person you love unconditionally can be the one to stab you at the back with no remorse and that's exactly the case with Halima and Arman.

She sighs turning back to go into the house when she bumped into a hard chest, she looked up to see who it was and no surprises it was Umar, she quickly shook her head stepping away from the figure as he stretched his hands to hold her while she quickly halts away but that didn't stop him from trying to hold them, and luckily he succeeded.

"Are you upset with me?" He quickly asked noticing her behavior since he refused to help with Arman's treatment, by Allah he knows what his feeling for this woman and he wants to be more than just a friend to her and now that his noticing her care for her husband it is indeed affecting him, if she ends up in love with her husband then he'll be heart broken and a heart break isn't something his ready to go through, whatever he wants he gets and his going to make sure that's the case with Assar, if only he felt the way he was feeling now at the airport that day maybe they would have been together with no Arman in the picture.

Why did Arman suddenly decide to marry Assar out of the blue still confuses him a lot even till today, if he was maybe a bit faster than Arman then maybe today Assar would have been his but all this still was impossible as he never felt any love towards Assar then, he only started loving her after she was married and then hurt by her husband, if Arman was treating her right would he have ever fallen in love with her. Was he even in love with her or he was feeling sympathy and attraction towards her.

"I'm not" she said flatly which wasn't convincing at all cause she wasn't even looking at him.

"Assar look" he said as he woman looked at him

"Look Umar, first please leave my hand I'm a married woman" she said as he let her hands free making her release a sigh, looking back at the man there's no denying he felt hurt.

"And I'm not upset with you, I have no reason to, it's actually not your fault, I was stupid enough to think you could fix all my problems that I kept asking you for favors over again" she said as she sighs after wards.

"Assar..." He said as she cuts him off

"Never again, I won't ask you for anymore help ever again, so be rest assured, you won't have to feel that I'm upset cause of your refusal, after all it's your money, who I'm I to think that a man would help me with such an amount..." she said as Umar cuts her off, not with his words but with a kiss.