6.5

I stand in front of a two-way mirror, looking at my little sister in real life for the first time since she was taken

"I'm an only child."

I had already assumed that Aimee wouldn't have let Chiara know about our existences, but having it confirmed by her - quite frankly - hurt like a bitch.

I glanced over to Noah who stood behind me and his eyes are fixated on her.

"She really does look exactly like us both," he whispers.

I go to reply, but then Chiara starts talking so I try to listen in to her.

"What if I refuse? Officer Barnes, I've been managing myself perfectly well since I lost my mum, so I'm fairly certain I can continue. The only reason I had no guardian for two years was because the adults who were supposed to deal with this 2 years ago failed to provide me with anyone. Where were these brothers when our mum died?" she crosses her arms over her chest.

"Miss, your older brother has already signed the forms to become your guardian," Officer Barnes tells her.

"And I'm only now being made aware?" She scrunces her face up incredulously.

"I apologise on behalf of everyone who failed you after the passing of your mother in terms of providing your a carer, but your brother has requested that he looks after you now," Officer Barnes explains.

She pokes her tongue into her cheek and nods, "so when do I meet my new guardian then?"

"Mr Moretti has already arrived, so you can meet him whenever you're ready to," he tells her comfortingly, "this is a lot, Miss Daveys, and we understand if this is overwhelming for you; it's a big change."

"Can I have a moment outside," she visibly swallows, "I need to call someone," she says, already standing up.

"Of course, Miss, take as long as you need."

She nods and rushes out of the room.

"Do we go out and find her?" Noah looks up at me.

I shake my head, "let's give her a minute, this must be a lot."

"