IV

*Third Person POV*

The couple went back and forth sharing their story to Katrina and even to Sam who hadn't heard of the karaoke portion of the story before, before Maya finished up.

"So when I told him that the only way I'd hand over my number is if he comes back for it, he ditched the party on their last night and sat at my bar all night waiting for me to get off and we got some Taco Bell and just chatted all night into the early morning hours until he needed to head back to the hotel to catch his flight." Maya said sitting back and then downing the last of her third drink, a pineapple High Noon.

"Wow, it's like something out of a storybook or something," Kat said as she drank every word of the way they met.

Maya smiled, glad that Sam and Kat seem to have a liking for her.

"So when do you think you'll go public?" Sam asks drinking his 5th beer.

Maya and Colby looked at each other. Maya bit on her lip and shrugged as Colby rubbed circles on her back near the base of her neck.

"I mean, after the podcast we did with Zane and Heath last week, I think I'm going to give them the go ahead on posting it with Maya's name and other personal information that could give her away bleeped out like we discussed with them. Mariah said she'd share it with me so her and I could go over it." Sam nodded his head remembering the conversation. "We want to enjoy this as long as possible but we want it known that I am in a relationship and have been for a while. I just want our fans to be in the know without being completely in the know." Colby explains.

"I think we'll go completely public when I graduate. The last thing I want is people from campus swarming me with questions and shit, even if it is a small campus."

"That's a great idea. I mean especially the way that the fans handled Colby's last relationship and just him being friends with girls in general, its probably better to ease into it and hold off as long as you can. But at least they can get a little tease." Kat smiled. The couple shook their heads in agreement. Maya knew what Kat was talking about. Colby mentioned his relationship with Shea and how they felt forced to break up because of hate and death threats. Now they're just friends who barely see each other.

After another hour of getting to know each other, Maya got up and started cleaning the table and such. "We can do that babe." Colby grabs her waist to stop her. "It's okay, y'all are my guest."

"No, he's right, you welcomed us into your home for the next 2 weeks, the least we can do is help clean." Sam says getting up along with Kat as they help you pick up the plates and pizza boxes.

They go towards the door with the boxes and a trash bag when Maya looks up at Colby, "Do you guys want to get your bags out now?" "Oh yeah. Sam! You got the car key? We should get our stuff out."

Sam reaches into his pocket and brings out the rental keys shaking them. The group steps out and Maya shows them where the garbage bins are on the side of the house. As they start grabbing bags out of the car, Kat asks, "Is that your truck?"

Maya grins, "Yup, that's my baby. Ain't she a beaut."

"How do you get in?" Kat giggles.

"I have a method to my madness."

"I thought I was your baby?" Colby acts hurt with his hand on his chest. Maya walks up to him with her bottom lip sticking out and wraps her arms around his waist. "I'm sorry." She reaches up on her tiptoes to give him a peck on the lips and sneakily whispers, "I thought you preferred daddy." Maya smirks as redness flushes Colby's cheeks. He reaches down placing his hand on her ass pushing her into him to place a bit of a rougher kiss on her lips. "Watch it babygirl. You're playing a dangerous game." He looks into her eyes biting his lip lightly.