XXVIII

*Third Person POV*

"Okay, I'll admit. That food was amazing. They need to get those in Florida." Maya says swinging her and Colby's connected hands as they walk to their next destination. They just had lunch at Tender Greens, one of the many places that Colby, Sam, and their friends would go to often when they lived in the Traphouse. He was excited to finally introduce Maya to it as it has been brought up in their many conversations before.

"I told yooouuuu!" He said bringing her hand up and kissing it. They walk around in silence for a few moments, just enjoying the weather and each others company. Colby released her hand and grabbed the other while slinging his arm around her shoulders, that way he was still holding her hand. He pulls her into his side, placing a kiss on her head. She beams looking up at him and they share a short kiss.

"So where to next?" Maya asks as she looks around as they turn onto Selma Avenue.

"Just wait, we're almost there."

Maya was growing impatient. She loved surprises but there was a million things to do in Hollywood so she was more curious than anything. As they kept walking, a sign caught her eye. But she didn't think Colby wanted to go somewhere like that. Sure, he was heavily invested in the paranormal, but the whole death and serial killer thing was more for Maya. That's why she enjoys researching for her podcast. It wasn't until they stopped in front of the building, that Maya was genuinely shocked and excited at the same time.

"Are you serious?!" Colby nodded at her child-like expression. "I've talked about this place before." She says looking back at the front of the building amazed, reading the sign. 'Museum of Death' it said.

He wraps his arms around her, standing behind her and putting his chin on the top of her head. "I know. I remember. You knew of the one in New Orleans but not this one. So I knew it was the perfect opportunity to bring you."

Maya smiles and feels all warm inside. It made her feel good that her boyfriend paid attention to small things like that. She looks up at him with the top of her head on his chest. "Thank you," she says in a baby voice.

"Anything for you my love," Colby smiles and lays a short kiss on her lips. "Let's go in!"

Maya jumped out of his arms and ran to the door. He laughs and catches up to her, following her in.

After over an hour wandering around the museum, they finally left. Much to Colby's surprise, he was able to stomach more than he thought. The autopsy photos is what he had to walk away from, but the rest he wasn't bothered by. Maya oddly was mesmerized by every single artifact that they had. From the autopsy photos to bones to stories of serial killers and some of their belongings. Maya swears she's not a psychopath, but if she wasn't passionate in photography and editing, then she'd probably be some sort of investigator. This stuff always interested her.

"That was awesome!" Maya says skipping towards Colby after he took photos of her in front of the museum. Maya did photos for him prior. "Yeah, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was," he admits. He looks up and finds a middle aged couple walking by. "Hey. Excuse me, could you take a picture of us please?"

The lady nods and takes his phone from him. Colby pulls Maya back to the spot she was at as they did a couple of poses: one simple side-by-side smiling with their arms around one another, one with their outer hands up with Colby looking at Maya lovingly while Maya is facing up to the sky with her eyes closed, and one with Maya standing directly in front of Colby while they stare directly at the camera with no expression, aka, Colby's signature pose.

They thank the lady and look over the photos. Before the lady returns to her husband though, she says to the couple, "You guys are really cute together. I hope nothing but the best for you guys."