Chapter 24: About Damn Time

Beck

I'm having a blast.

After our wonderful date last Saturday at the country club, I'm having the time of my life with Jude.

Not only did I get to spend time with him, but I was so well treated by everyone else. The staff is very courteous and I was treated just like a member.

Jude was thoughtful and caring throughout the date, not even bothered that I didn't wear his gift to me. Honestly, he's perfect.

When he put his hands on me to apply some sunscreen, I felt warm inside. And despite my shyness, he has a way of putting me at ease, making me feel comfortable around him.

Later on, he dropped me off at the pack house and we texted all through the weekend.

On Monday, he greeted me with a pleasant grin. I'm smitten by his smile and the way he looks at me as if I was the only boy in the world.

It's funny. He looks at me with such a raw desire that it amazes me that he hasn't kissed me yet. Not once so far.

I wonder what he's waiting for. Does he need a sign from me? I'm practically undressing him with my eyes every time I see him.

When he was wearing nothing but a speedo, my eyes almost left the socket. I'm thirsting after him on a daily basis. What more could he possibly want? How can I make this any more obvious?

I'm genuinely intrigued by his hesitance in taking the next step between us.

I'm not talking about sex here, just a simple kiss. Damn, his lips are so kissable. I'm not gonna lie, I dream about him taking possession of my mouth with hunger.

I long for his lips on mine. I can't deny it. I'm just lost as to what's holding him back. Do I need to literally ask for it or do I have to kiss him myself?

I'm right here for the taking. I'm not exactly playing hard to get...

It has been such peaceful days that I even forgot about Quentin and the fact that he was suspended from school.

I mean, until his father surprised me at the pack house calling for my presence in his office and having his son apologize to me.

I'm legitimately baffled by this, especially coming from an Alpha to a person who isn't even originally from his pack.

For a man of his stature, involving his own son in this act of contrition only makes me respect him even more. I didn't know what to expect when I came into this pack, but Alpha Atwood certainly exceeded my wildest expectations.

Not only as a leader, but I'm sure as a father too. I'm genuinely beyond impressed by the man.

My week was going great so far, but when Quentin returned from his suspension, I didn't exactly know what to expect from him. And then he said...

"I'm sorry, did Quentin actually say if Beck wants to love you? What?" - Layla was baffled by this, as were everyone else. She turned to Jude's chair as she said that.

Jude got tongue tied for a minute, flabbergasted at this statement.

"Thanks, Quentin. Your brother is very easy to love, though we're not there yet." - I replied, incredibly uncomfortable and flustered.

"Has your father threatened your life? Did he tell you couldn't be in contention for Alpha anymore unless you make amends?" - Jalensky was perplexed by his best friend's words. His jaw dropped to the floor as he stared at Quentin.

"No, he didn't. Dragon, we are werewolves. Why should we make anyone feel bad about who they love? It's actually unbecoming of our species to discriminate on account of sexuality. We are better than this. And words hurt." - He lectured and the entire classroom was amazed by these words coming out of him.