(3) An Exchange

Gasping for breath, I stumbled towards the man, hoping that he could somehow help me.
"Jeong Gu-won?" The words escaped from my mouth as soon as I realized that the stranger standing in front of me was none other than the handsome nutjob, I met this morning.
"Help me." I said.
"Are you requesting this time?" He simply replied.
"Yes, help me."
"Okay but before that you need to make a deal with me."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Did he not grasp the urgency of the situation?
"Is this a time to make a deal?" I shouted.
"Nothing's free in this world."
"What is the deal about?"
"It covers alot of things that I can't specify right now."
"I can't enter into a deal without knowing some actual information about it."
"Okay, suit yourself."
The crazy driver was getting closer, I had no choice - I needed help, even if it meant dealing with this crazy guy.
"Fine! I'll do it." I shouted.
"It'd be crazy of me to help you without signing the contract but this guy creeps me out." He smiled and took a step forward to face that crazy driver. I darted towards the bridge's railing, crouching low and hidden behind its solid metal frame.

The driver smirked and he was about to stab him with his knife but mere inches away from Gu-won's chest his hand suddenly froze.
Gu-won smiled & raised his hand, snapping his fingers & the driver was launched backward, he hurtled through the mist and landed onto the car, shattering its windows.

"What is he?" I whispered, my voice trembling.
Gu-won's gaze flickered in my direction as he approached me.
"Remember our deal?" He extended his right hand forward.
Panic seized me again as I noticed the car roaring behind him, mere inches away from him. I quickly grabbed hold of his outstretched hand and pulled him towards me. We plummeted down into the water below, drowning in an instant. I fought to regain my composure and saw Gu-won, floating unconsciously a few feet away for me.

I swam towards him as I reached him, I grabbed hold of his hand and began to swim towards the surface but as soon as I held his hand, an inexplicable energy coursed through me and suddenly everything went black.

Gu-won's POV

Everything turned blurry as I hit the water, the impact knocking me unconscious but Yeona rushed towards me. Although she too had fainted momentarily, she managed to grab hold of my hand, refusing to let go. In that moment, a surge of weakness washed over me, as though a part of my own had been absorbed into her very being. It was as if some invisible bond connected us, refusing to be broken.

I maneuvered my way through the water, gradually making my way to the riverbank.
I laid her gently on the grass, swiftly, I tugged the hair at the back of her ear, as I did so I noticed that the tattoo on my wrist, the one that had always contained my powers, was gone. Without it, I felt vulnerable, without it I was a mere human being and not a demon.

But what baffled me even more was what I saw on the Yeona's wrist, it was the exact replica of the tattoo that had vanished from my own skin.
How was this even possible? How did the tattoo transfer? Will I become a powerless insignificant demon?

Yeona's POV

I awoke on the riverbank, my head throbbed, as I tried to collect my thoughts I saw Gu-won pacing nearby. I stood up, brushing off the dirt and noticed a cross tattoo on my wrist but I never got a tattoo, how was this possible?
"What on earth happened last night? Did I drink that much?" I muttered.

Gu-won turned to me and clasped my wrist.
It was then that I noticed the tattoo on my wrist was glowing.
"What have you done to me?" He sounded scared. He tightened his grip on my wrist, a sharp surge of pain coursed through my head, causing my vision to blur and I fell unconscious.