(12) The Bait

I entered Gu-won's office with the help of his manager, I noticed the bookshelves lining the walls. It was an impressive collection to be honest.
"He didn't seem like the academic type, these must be for show." I muttered.
I ventured further into the office, discovering a small room, the room was filled with towering shelves of vintage clocks, pointing the same time.
Does he collect vintage clocks as a hobby? Gosh nothing is ordinary about this man.

A book kept on the topmost shelf caught my interest, the gemstone engraved on it was shining. I stretched my arm, attempting to grab hold of the book but my fingers fell short, unable to reach it. Just then someone pushed the book inside the shelf, now making it completely impossible for me to reach it. Startled, I turned around to see, Gu-won standing right behind me.
"Who said you could go through my stuff?" He retorted.
"Is that you're diary or something? Why are you acting so sensitive?" I scoffed.

My attention was drawn to the cross chain adorning his neck, my gaze unintentionally wandered down to his abs as he stood there in an unbuttoned shirt.
Damn, he looks hot!

"You pervert." He spat out.
I could feel my cheeks turning red, embarrassed, I quickly averted my eyes and turned away from him.
"Mr. Jeong, I was thinking if you could-" Kira barged in, her eyes fixed on me.
"Why are you half naked? What is she doing here?" She clung to Gu-won, deftly buttoning up his shirt, "Babe didn't I tell you not to expose your skin in front of other women?"

Babe!?
Why is she calling him babe?

"Women will keep clinging to you, if you act this sweet with them." She said, her gaze shifting to me.
"Get back to rehearsing, Kira."  Gu-won removed her hands from his shirt.
"You always act so distant when other people are around. You're so cute, come to the theater later." She chuckled and turned around to leave.
"By the way, this is what you call a special relationship, Ms. Park." She bowed and left.

"Who is she?" I asked Gu-won.
"It's none of your business?" He sharply replied.
"Why... I mean, she & I almost killed each other, I'd love to know whose life I almost ended."
"Did you show up here alone at this hour to pry into my personal life?"
"No, it's just you took off so abruptly, I was worried."
"I just didn't want to be with you and yet here you are, bothering me again."
"Did I do something wrong?"
"No."
"Then what's with the attitude?"
"I don't see why I should be nice to you. Anything else you want to say?" He curtly replied.
"I was clearly mistaken, sorry for bothering you." I barked out in anger and stormed out of his office, frustration and disappointment welled up inside of me.
How could I even think about giving this jerk a chance!? I was totally wrong...

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

The next day, I headed straight for my office and entered in my cabin, Gu-won was about to step in right behind me. Instinctively, I placed my hand on the door to block his path. The events of the previous night still lingered in my mind, and I knew I had to distance myself from him now.

"From now on, you'll be sitting in the work area," I sternly said, gesturing towards the open space where the rest of my colleagues sat working.
With a swift nod, he made his way towards the work area, taking a seat amidst my colleagues, I closed the door & focused on my work.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

Two hours had passed since I last saw Gu-won and my manager. I decided to step out of my office and dialed my manager's number. Just then a sudden loud thud echoed behind me, causing me to flinch. I turned around quickly and saw my manager, Ms. Seo sitting on the floor, holding onto a man dressed entirely in black with a mysterious helmet covering his face. She had firmly grasped his hands.
Gu-won rushed to my side, he asked if I was okay.