58

2023

Melissa sits anxiously on the couch as she watches her daughter play while they wait for Pablo's dad to arrive with Pablo from the hospital. To day the young dad had his knee surgery and he had refused to let his girlfriend take him and stay there. Saying that it was too early in the morning and that she needed to rest. She had argued with him saying that she should go because she's his fiancée and it's the right things but he refused saying that his mom and dad will be there and that she should stay.
"Here's your tea" Melissa turns around to watch as Javi and Aurora walk out of the kitchen with 3 cups of tea.
Melissa smiles softly at the older girl, taking the hot drink from her hands as she sits down next to her on the couch.
Javi sits down on the floor, with Estela as the young girl instantly starts cling onto him while asking him to play.
Aurora places her hand on her sister in laws knee, stopping it from shaking. "He's okay, Mel." She assures her.
Melissa nods. "I know..I just want him back here."
"They're almost home"

and just as the Páez Gavira girl said, they were home 10 minutes later. Melissa hurries up of the couch as she watches a drowsy looking Pablo crutch his way into the house, his parents behind him. Reaching his girlfriend, he lets go of one of the crutches and grips onto her shoulder and pulls her into a hug."are you okay?"
"I'm tired" he whispers, resting his head on her shoulder. Melissa nods, handing him his crutch again as she pulls away.
"How do you feel?" Aurora asks her brother. She shrugs and starts to make his wake to the guest bedroom his girlfriend had set up for him. He stops at the door way and turns to the living room where his daughter sat watching him. "Lets take a nap?" He asks her quietly. Estela eyes twinkle as she look over at her mom for approval. She nods then watches the young girl rushes to her dads side.
After a few minutes of talking to her family, they all nod excused themselves and left, his mom and dad saying that they'll stop by later.

Melissa quietly makes her way to the room, opening the door to see Pablo laying face while Estela was cuddles into his side. The girl walks over and drapes a blanket. Pablo peaks his eyes open. "Amor" he says groggily. The girl sits on the side of the bed right by him. "It hurts" he whispers.
Melissa nods sadly and reaches up cupping his cheek. "I'll get you the medicine that was prescribed" she whispers, leaning down to press a small kiss to him cheek before getting up and leaving. She comes back with a cup of water and his medicine, handing it to him.
"What would you like to eat later?" She asks him, taking a seat against. He swallows the pills and shakes his head. "Whatever is fine" he whispers. Melissa looks down at him, placing a hand on his on his arm. "Tell me whatever you want and I'll make it or buy it" she tells him.
He shrugs. "Can you join the nap?" He asks. The girl doesn't hesitate to get in bed with him, wrapping her arms around the boy as reach reached over, taking her leg and throwing it over his hip, keeping his hand on her thigh. Within seconds the boy had fallen back asleep in between both of his girls.

.
.
.

Melissa hands Pablo his McDonalds bag. The boy takes the back from her hand, smiling as the smell of the food hits him. He hasn't had McDonald since June. "Your parents are on their way" she tells him as she watches him pull out his burger and fries. "What are you going to eat?" He frowns noticing that there was nothing else in the back.
"Estela wanted a sandwich so I'm making myself one"
The boy opens his burger and hands it out to her. "Take a bite" he says moving i closer to her. The girl shakes her head, she couldn't deny that the burger looked delicious and simply looking at it made her crave it.
"Tiny bite, I know the baby wants it" he couldn't help but smile noticing that she was giving in.
The girl sighs taking a small bite of the burger.
Pablo chuckles a bit, taking a bite of his own.

"Do you want my fries?" He asks, eating his burger. She shakes her head and stands up. "I need to go make my sandwich" she tells him.
"Can you hand me the remote?" He asks.

Melissa nods handing him the remote then leans down to press a small kiss to his lips. "I'll come back to eat with you" She tells him pulling away. He nods.

Melissa walks out just in time to hear a knock on the door. She walks over and greets Pablo's parents. "Hola, cariño. Is he awake" his mom asks pulling away from gen hug.
"Si..hes eating right now, you guys can go see him. Would you like a sandwich? I'm making some" she says stepping out of the way to let them through.
"We're good, thank you. We'll be gone soon we just wanted to stop by to make sure if he was okay, and if you guys needed anything" his dad tells her.
"We're good right now" she assures them.

"Hi abuelita, abuelito" estela says from the couch.
The two grandparents happily greet their granddaughter before heading to see how their son was, being along Estela.

A/n: im not sure what to write