Chapter 5- Do not look at me like that

"Antonio." I whispered.

"What was that?" Said Wilson. 

"Nothing," I said.

I walked down the stairs and up to my parents. As soon as I sat down the music started and the room bustled with dance, music, and laughter. A sea of guests dressed in magnificent jewels, dresses, and suits. The air was filled with the musk of many perfumes. 

I sat quietly on the chair. My heart was racing. There was no chance that was him. I must have been seeing things. I scanned around looking for him ever so slightly. 

That is when his tall figure emerged from the crowd up to the front of the podium. He bowed his head before my mother and father. My mouth hung low as I felt my heart beat in my eardrums. He was wearing a white suit embroidered with blue accents. His curly hair kept up neatly. 

"Your Royal Highnesses." He said bowing his head. 

"Welcome Antonio, I hope your journey was pleasant." Said my father.

"Not as pleasant as your hospitality." 

My father smiled. 

"My queen, the Prince of Spain, Antonio the 3rd is staying with us for a few days before he goes about his travels.

"A pleasure Antonio." My mother cooed. 

I lost all sensation in my body as his eyes graced mine. He was the man from the woods, and he was a prince. 

He cleared his throat, "I would like to ask her majesty for a dance."

My father nodded. "If Victoria is alright with it." He said.

I gulped and stood up, feeling as if my legs were still tied to the chair.

He held out his hand as I grabbed it. I was worried he would feel my pulse through my hand. Pushing his way through the crowd with me in one arm we found a clear spot in between dancing couples. We positioned ourselves and started swaying to the melody. I nervously took his left hand and placed my right on his shoulder. 

The tempo increased and he pulled me closer by the waist. A breath escaped my lips. He chuckled. 

"Princess?" He whispered in my ear. It sent shivers down my spine. 

"Prince?" I responded. 

He grabbed me by one arm and twirled me before pulling me back in forcefully. 

"I knew I recognized those green eyes." He said,

We danced faster to the music as the room started to spin. My eyes never leave his. I could hear his own heartbeat against my chest, his breath on my ear. My face gravitated towards him as our noses touched. 

"Do not look at me like that." He said. 

"Like what?" I scrunched my face. 

"Like you are madly in love."

He twirled me as I realized that the ballroom had cleared out and there was a circle formed around us. Just us dancing in the middle.

Curious eyes on our every corner. 

"Do they know each other?" Said one. "Look at them." Said another.

My parents made a confused look as they watched us. 

"My lord, do you see them?" said my mother.

My father huffed and sighed as he sat back in his chair. 

Antonio grabbed both of my hands and pulled me in and out before turning his face inches away from mine. He knew how to dance very well, he was coordinated, balanced, and graceful. 

His warm breath prickled my skin as he exhaled. 

He lightly touched the ends of my hair as he caressed my back tentatively. 

"Do not do that," I said. 

"Do what?" He whispered. 

I rolled my eyes and came to a stop as the song concluded. 

I was breathing heavily. He bowed his head before making his way back into the crowd. 

I was left there heaving before I emerged into the crowd following him. 

I saw him by the garden doors as he gestured for me to come out as well.

With one glance back at the ballroom, I threw caution to the wind and dashed out the door.