Chapter: 5

*picture of Ivy

N A T A L I A

I thought I had heard Mila wrong, but the panic in her emerald green eyes told me otherwise. Ivy couldn't have disappeared. She likely indulged herself in the festivities, or so I hoped.

Being of one of the younger members, Ivy, had been slipping away frequently as of lately. Despite catching her in the act recently, I had hesitated to administer punishment, swayed by her assurance that she wouldn't repeat said actions.

At scarcely seventeen, I feared the only other werewolf-hybrid in the clan might unwittingly stray into the neighbouring pack's territory.

She was aware of their strict rules and knew the risks, I had cautioned her countless times. Yet, whenever she disappeared, I couldn't help but fear the worst.

Trying not to succumb to panic, I remained composed. She was well-versed in the consequences of straying too far. I was confident that she hadn't ventured too distant and would appear any minute now.

As the only other werewolf hybrid, I was very protective of her.

Her tragic upbringing, with her werewolf mother ultimately taking her own life and her human father's after he had rejected them, had left the poor girl orphaned.

Bound by my oath to protect her, I took her under my wing and trained her. She was not just a member of my team; she was my responsibility. With her disappearance, I couldn't shake the feeling of failure.

'Ivy, where are you?' I attempted to mind-link her, only to be met with silence.

If I hadn't been alarmed before, I certainly was now. My words never bounced back when I communicated with her. Deciding to switch tactics, I tapped into my witch powers, struggling to pinpoint her location amidst the vast expanse of my abilities.

"What is it?" Noah inquired, noting the shift in my demeanour.

Perplexed, I whispered, "Something's wrong. I can't locate her."

My body heated up as I exhausted every tactic I knew. Meanwhile, Noah enlisted the help of some of his own acquaintances to aid in the search for Ivy. He knew how important she was to me. Mila ventured off to continue her search.

The ceremony had long ended by now, and guests had departed for their respective homes. Rhea and my mother had already left, assuming I would remain behind to guard the clan.

Despite my best efforts with my abilities, after forty minutes, I reluctantly ceased my attempts. It was draining my energy, and it seemed as though something was deliberately blocking my connection.

It dawned on me that she wasn't in our territory anymore.

Gazing into darkness, I couldn't shake the troubling thought that if Ivy had trespassed onto the pack's territory, she would likely be dead.

Was that the reason for the lack of connection? I furrowed my brows in concern.

"We'll find her," Noah promised, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, bringing me closer to him. "Don't worry your pretty head."