Chapter: 24

N A T A L I A

The pounding of my heart echoed loudly in my ears as Noah's words sank in.

A frown etched itself onto my face as I processed his statement.

He was referring to the blonde, to Chelsea. The same woman I had distanced from Callum because of. The same wolf I was shocked to learn Callum had tasked with surveilling Caia.

The tension in the air was palpable as both men awaited my reaction. I could barely feel Callum's grip on me as I used my witch abilities to push at his chest, my fury boiling over.

I was seething with anger.

My wolf mirrored my rage, eager to lash out at Callum to make him understand our discontent. But I restrained her, unwilling to resort to physical force.

Rather than tumbling to the ground from the sudden force of my push, Callum, being an Alpha, swiftly reacted and shifted to his black wolf mid-air. He landed on all fours, a demonstration of his formidable strength.

Instinctively, Callum attempted to penetrate my mind to quell my anger, but I was beyond furious.

His eyes turned black as he emitted a loud growl, clearly expressing his displeasure with my actions. The authoritative tone in his growl caused the surrounding wolves to back down.

If I hadn't been consumed by rage, my wolf would have obeyed, but I was beyond rational control. The colour of indigo pulsed around me, reflecting my heightened frustration.

I rarely felt this level of fury, and it all stemmed from the actions of the blonde female. She had disregarded my authority, mocked me regarding being mated to Callum, and acted covertly, helping my mother.

The turmoil I was experiencing now was a result of Callum's unilateral decisions, made without consulting me first. He had independently chosen to deem the blonde as trustworthy.

Despite being part of the pack for less than two weeks, I had swiftly discerned her untrustworthiness. How Callum continued to place his trust in her baffled me.

'Shift,' Callum urged, finally breaking my walls and entered my mind.

I had been too consumed by my emotions to maintain the power to block him out, or perhaps he simply possessed greater strength than me.

I had no intention of complying with Callum's request, not after the anguish he had inflicted upon me.

Instead, I responded with a snarl, watching as frustration clouded his expression.

As he moved to take a step toward me, I swiftly darted away, needing space before I lashed out at my own mate.

Escaping into the woods away from the others, I had barely gotten far when Callum caught up to me and tackled me to the ground.

However, just before I could land on the ground, he twisted us so that he bore the brunt of the fall with me on top of him.

Growling, and losing complete control of my wolf, I tried to attack him. Callum proved to be stronger, though.